Free passes but pay for diamonds?

I am someone who absolutely loves reading stories but is it possible that you could look into the idea of giving us free passes but continue to charge us for diamonds? It’s extremely frustrating having to wait hours just to gain an another 2 passes, especially when some satires contain short chapters! If this isn’t possible, are you able to give us more passes?

9 Likes

support!

3 Likes

I feel like people are just trying to plug there ears and sing ‘lalala’ when it comes to any legit reason for having a wait time for passes. For now, though, I’ll just report this as a dupe thread, because theres plenty or other threads like it.

@Sydney_H
@Nick

3 Likes

You only get 2? How long have you had the app?

4 Likes

And of course they joined the forums just to ask for free passes

2 Likes

Yes pls

2 Likes

Please know that I’ve only just joined the forum to ask but also because I know competitions take place on here. I find it rather rude that you’re acting like that when in fact, I’ve followed Episode for a while but I’m not one for forums much! The reason I ask is because I’m someone who doesn’t have the money to buy passes or gems and since you say there’s duplicates, clearly I’m not the only one who feels that it may be handy to have passes for free? I came up with a solution which was, have unlimited passes but still make them pay for gems, there’s plenty of ways as to where you can implement something so you can earn money.

2 Likes

I’ve had the app on and off for a couple of years, but even when I’ve had it for over a year, it’s stayed as 2 passes

1 Like

I get 4.
I believe there’s an “intro” period where you only get 2 and after a certain period, it goes up to 4? But I’m not really sure.

3 Likes

Yes, but your not thinking about Episodes side of the story. Your only thinking about you, and that you cant afford a LUXURY. It’s like saying we should make movie tickets free because some people are going to buy snacks. So forgive me for not agreeing with your faulty logic.

1 Like

Since Episode charges $10USD for this, I doubt they’d ever let people have it for free when it’s such a popular option.
(It’s one of the only things I’ve paid for on Episode.)

But if you’re only getting 2 passes, it may be worth looking into if you’ve had the app a while. (I’ve had 4 for as long as I can remember.)

1 Like

I understand that Episode need to make money, I also understand that for as long as Episode has been running, they have always sold passes.

My logic may be faulty but the way I understand it is, a lot of people have stopped using Episode due to cost of free passes, due to things such as advertisements but would it really be an issue if they were to maybe do a day where you had a day of unlimited episodes? Would it really be an issue where you had unlimited passes? As I said before, you’re able to replace the loss of money, for example, they have the option of buying unlimited passes and no ads for £9.99 a month, I’m sure more people would be open to the idea of paying something to stop any advertisements and gems.

It’s okay for those who can afford to buy passes, gems, no ads but at the same time, the longer this continues where you’re only getting a small amount of passes, more people are going to stop using the app.

1 Like

It’s something I’ve considered but it’s not affordable for me sadly, I really would love to have that but it’s also showing as a monthly thing for me so using £9.99 a month, it’s not handy haha

Well that’s really faulty logic, ‘I cant afford it so it should be free’. I agree that episode should provide more opportunities to earn passes, but making them free, like you’re clearly suggesting, is going to drain their profits and run them out of business. I’d rather wait a few hours for a story than not have a story at all.

I feel as if you haven’t read the part where I have literally stated that there are OTHER ways to make the money back, you’re reading what you want to, it’s not just because I can’t afford it, it’s also because I love reading stories and I’d love to read constantly if I could, everyone has different reasons but you’re only reading and understand what you want.

Episode has three ways of making money; ads, gems, and passes. If they get rid of passes, they get rid of a third of their revenue. They’re going to go out of business if they do that. But you binge reading stories is more important, I guess.

You sure are right as a user, but episode works as an app and ppl need their money for their work and sacrifices, so selling passes is a way to earn and I think it’s right. Maybe, reduce said waiting time, but I think it should stay as intellectual honesty towards creators

3 Likes

I don’t see the need for you to be impolite or sarcastic? We’re all allowed to ask for things, we’re all allowed to give opinions which is in your case, what you’re doing but may apps that are just games and only make money by doing ads still earn enough to keep going. The truth is, we’ll never know how much money Episodes make from selling passes but there’s several ways they can do that! Want no ads? Pay to have no ads, watching ads isn’t as bad since a lot of the time, it encourages people to download new games etc! Want gems? Buy them, just like they currently do. Pay to get your stories featured for ages instead of just recommended by others? This in other cases could really help.

Maybe they could do what games do, have a daily gift box, you choose one box from like 6 boxes and you can earn 2 passes, 2 gems, no ads for so long, something like that? And if they want to open another box, they have to use gems and if they don’t have enough gems, it prompts people to buy more.

2 Likes

Yeah, this sounds like a good idea, they could reduce the waiting time, I know that I’m not the only person who feels this way in regards to passes so I’m glad someone else understands my point!

1 Like

Topic closed due to violation of Feature Request Guidelines Contact @Sydney_H to discuss editing and reopening topic. :smiley: