Friendship issues. please help

So yesterday was halloween in my country and my whole friendship group went out, went trick or treating, took photos and had a sleepover. Except me.

this friendship group is who I turned to when my other one went behind my back and made a gc talking about me. We have just now put that in the past. So the new friendship group, there’s one girl - the leader. she’s quite nice but can say horrible things to everyone (eg rat, fatty, pig) but everyone still loves her. Tbh everyone kind of ignores me and I always feel left out.

So this halloween i noticed that they were all planning it on insta stories. So I had nothing to do on halloween so i asked the nicest girl in the group if i could join and she said
“I’m actually so sorry but our mums have planned to go to the pub afterwards.” i said it’s fine.

So they all go have fun and post pictures on their instagram. but then i noticed that. They just cut themselves out of another picture and just placed it in front of a picture of the pub. Like they didn’t even try to hide it.

the same girl that said “sorry but we can’t” even texted me and said. At the pub :expressionless:. I was really hurt tbh. they just lied to me.

Then… they posted all their pictures on a post and then sent it to me telling to like and comment. I was actually quite upset.

i don’t know what to do now :pleading_face:

Any help is very much appreciated as i need some advice.

2 Likes

So, I don’t really go on social media that often (at least not that much on Insta) but even though I haven’t had an experience like yours I understand. I feel left out in my group all the time. And my main group is really just 4 people. (what I mean by main group is the group of girls in my friendship group that I hang out with more often. I’m not that great at giving advice but you could just try to act like it’s okay and you can be friends again or you could try to hang out with another group of people if you want. You can also talk to someone else about it. Do you have closer friends you could talk to? Well, I don’t know. Does any of those sound okay?

3 Likes

Thank you for the advice. xx I think if something like this happens again i’ll leave the group but I actually really appreciate your help :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Your are welcome. Happy to help.

1 Like

if they’d rather not hang out with you, then they’re not your real friends and its as simple as that. if i was you, i wouldn’t hang out with them. find another group of people. hanging around losers that’d rather lie to you than involve you in anything are a waste of time and effort. there are so many people out there who deserve your friendship. so find that person.

6 Likes

Yeah I agree with Jazzy

3 Likes

Okie

fuck friends.
nah im just kidding (not really)

but knowing your worth is something so important and beautiful. there are always gonna be shitty people out in the world. i’m not saying those friends are “shitty people” but they are making some really mean decisions. in all honesty, these friends aren’t very nice. i think you should know that you’re worth wayyyyy more than they’re treating you. it’s unfair, rude and quite hurtful. friends are really important people in your life, to be completely honest, i’m not really good with the whole “making friends thing” and its really hard for me to make friends.

but the one thing i do believe in is surrounding myself with people who make me feel good and treat me like how i deserve to be treated. you shouldn’t be giving all your time and energy in people who aren’t giving it back to you. making friends is a really hard thing and can take ages to find people you can truly connect with, people who can love you and appreciate you for who you are. you shouldn’t hang out with these people anymore. you should try searching for a new group of friends. yes i understand it will be hard and awkward to look for a new group, but i promise you it will be so worth it in the end.

i understand that you feel upset and i want to let you know my messages are open to you at all times. i hope what i said makes sense and pushes you to understand how you deserve a lot better than people who can appreciate you for who you are. xx

5 Likes

Just cut the fake people out your life

3 Likes

Thank you so much. that means a lot. i am definitely going to take your advice xx

3 Likes

Ohh okay

2 Likes

Exactly, toxic ppl aren’t worth it.

1 Like

You knowww

1 Like

If they do that, they aren’t real friends. I say talk to them and tell them how it makes you feel and if they don’t care or something else, just leave the group. They aren’t worth your time or friendship!

6 Likes

Thanks for the advice xx

1 Like

They don’t deserve you that’s for sure :thinking:
You are an amazing person and if they can’t see that then find someone that does… there are people out there that’ll always accept you for who you are so don’t stick around with people who don’t :purple_heart::purple_heart:

2 Likes

thank you so much. i’m definitely going to take your advice :purple_heart:

1 Like

You don’t need people in your life who don’t value you. If they treat you this way, its best not for you to stay. You deserve better and the whole point of having friends is that they lift you up, not exclude you and make you feel horrible. Life’s too precious to waste it spending time with toxic people. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Well it’s clear that they don’t respect you, plain and simple. You should be honest with them and tell them how you feel about the situation and then find some new people to be around

3 Likes

They sound like they are not worth your time. You’re better off without them.

1 Like