Game menu help needed

Hey guys,
I need help with a game menu, I copied a game menu template, and every time I click on it takes me to the end of the story. Also, it does let me click the other buttons and I don’t what to do.

1 Like

@Ao_writes @JemU776

btw, how did u get the dark mode?

1 Like

I think it has to do with the fact that you don’t have a goto in the “Start Overlay” :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I downloaded a Chrome extension ill send it to u

2 Likes

It brings you to the end of the story because you didn’t write anything within either choice yet.

1 Like

ok so i should add goto start overlay

the template seems incomplete - there must be tappable choice also for the “SKIP” overlay but you do not have it there.
Because you have have no “filling” in the start and customization it than jumps to this Narrator

1 Like

So the goto start should go where you are going to start the story :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok, ill add it now

After that, make sure that you have a start label because if you save it with just the goto, an error will appear :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

ok thank u :grin:
Also, should I add goto for all of them or just start (sorry if this sounds like a dumb question)

1 Like

Actually, I took a look at the script, and there’s two ways you could go about it. You can start the story within the Start Overlay without the use of labels! It’s taking you to the end because there is nothing in the choice. I hope that makes sense! But you can also use labels, which is what I do!

1 Like

label game_menu
tappable
“START OVERLAY”{
goto start_story
}“CUSTOMIZATION OVERLAY”{
NARR
Add CC here
goto game_menu
}“SKIP OVERLAY”{
NARR
Do you want to skip this episode?
choice
“YES”{
goto end
}“NO”{
goto game_menu
}
}
##here start the story
label start_story
NARR
Story goes here

##end
label end
NARR
Thanks for reading.

1 Like

thank you so much :white_heart:

thank u so much :white_heart:

I tried the template you gave me and only the start overlay was tappable the others weren’t

check if your overlays arent overlaping each other

1 Like

ok one sec

I checked and my overlays are not touching each other and every time I click on the screen it just does the same thing.

from what I see they are overlaping you have all the overlays spotted on the same spot. For overlaping counts even the empty space around the picture… script sees the overlay as a rectangle no matter if transparent or not. You most likely have overlays of the buttons with a lot of transparent space round them right?