Gem Choice for Dressing Up - Directing HELP!

Ok so I removed/added those part but the error message is still showing up, here’s a screenshot.

35%20PM

You can name the choice (gem_outfit) or something like that to refer to it later in your script.
SWAEGALA (think_rubchin)
(Am I sure this will make the best impression?)

choice (gem_outfit)
“It’s perfect!” {

I did, earlier in the script when I start the whole choice direction I named it (gala_outfit).
But idk where to put it later, and it says that I’m missing it on like 490 below label outfitgems.

I tried putting (gala_outfit) beneath it but I got a similar error

You can’t use gala_outfit twice. You can only use it for one choice. If you want the choice underneath label outfitgems to be choice (gala_outfit), then you need to change the choice name underneath label choosing_outfits to something else.

Ok.
It doesn’t have to be (gala_outfit). I’m just not sure what to put there and how to format it, though.
I’m clearly missing something but I’m not sure what. I used your template (thank you again) but I can’t figure out how to fix it.

In the screenshot, next to choice, put (gems_outfit).

It finally worked!! Thank youu :blush:

Anytime :heart:

Hello again!

I’m trying to use an if/else for remembering the outfit choice at the beginning of my next chapter - this is the error I keep getting.

(gala_outfit) is my label that I used in the previous chapter, SWAEGALA is the character name, so I’m not sure what I’m missing.
thanks in advance :purple_heart:

In the previous chapter you have to add gains if you want to remember it. You’ll have to make some minor edits to the script where they choose the outfit.

That “else” needs to be by itself.

} else {

Also, is “gala_outfit” the choice name or the label? For that format, you need to use the choice name with the choice option title: (choice_name is “Option Name”)

: HOW TO: Remember Past Choices (if/elif/else)

1 Like

Dara shes on a new episode and didn’t add gains in the previous. So the choice method won’t work.

That choice method works in all episodes

Ohh okay nevermind.

(gala_outfit) is the choice name, the label is something else

I’ve added gains here - gala_red and gala_blue

25%20PM
Where am I supposed to put the gains in the if/else?
I’m still getting an error

For the else you don’t need to add the (choice_name is “Option”)

It should just look like this:

if (gala_outfit is "Merlot Gown") {

} else {

}

that worked!
Does that mean I don’t need the gains then?

You don’t have to if you don’t want, but that method for remembering choices works just like gains do.

1 Like

Alright, thank you both!!

2 Likes