Gem Choices - Venting

Let me start by saying that I love Episode. However, the situation with the gem choices has started to get ridiculous in my opinion.

I have spent A LOT of money on Episode for gems and passes. Choices that were worth 20 gems were tolerable. But now I have started to see choices that are, 30, 35, or even 40 gems. That’s insane for one choice.

I also don’t like how some stories almost force you to pick a gem choice, otherwise you’d be left with an unfavorable option like wearing a t-shirt and jeans to a formal party :roll_eyes: .

Anyway, I really think Episode should reconsider, because I will no longer buy or use gems at this time.

18 Likes

You don’t have to spend gems if you don’t like, most Episode stories are like that, but at the end it’s just the same. I think you should read community stories, they are really good and the choices are free :blush:.

7 Likes

I do read community stories; they are the majority of the stories I have read. I was just venting about the stories with gem choices lol.

1 Like

The first time I played Episode I often read the stories that were featured by Episode, then I found out it was very annoying because of the gem choices stuff just to unlock special scenes. So after a few stories I stopped and now only read community ones lol.

5 Likes

Lol I don’t blame you. That’s exactly what I’m about to do from now on!

5 Likes

I hate gem choices. :sparkling_heart: Either you go to a party/date/whatever wearing a slightly revealing, but reasonable outfit, or wear something that looks like you crawled out of a dumpster. :purple_heart:

Or when the non-gem choice is reasonable and looks nice, the other characters bash the MC for wearing something a little more modest. :blue_heart:

Even worse when the gem choice is for a special scene. It’s really annoying. :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

EXACTLY OMG!!! 40 gems is wayyyyy too much and over time the gems start to pile up which starts to get expensive. I shouldn’t have to spend $20 just to get a good story. Usually if you end up picking the choice that doesn’t require gems the story is boring and/or annoying. I just stick to community stories now unless I know I can afford to drop 20 bucks for a story.

5 Likes

Its long time since I stopped using gems. they are just not worth it. and there is so many good community stories

though I am irriterede that they have made so Community stories can make gem choices too. espically since you dont even get anything out of haveing a gem choice in your story

3 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels this way. I hope Episode listens :crossed_fingers:

They never listen.

This thread will be good to rant but that’s it. Episode isn’t going to listen to a small thread on the forums. They’re going to continue to up the prices until readers will have to pay 100 gems to go shopping for a cool new outfit for the hot bad boy next door.

2 Likes

I am absolutely angry with those gem choices. Especially when they are now released to user stories as well. I once read a user story when the mc and her best friend go shopping and find the perfect dress and there was a FRICKEN GEM CHOICE! Like whyy??
But back at the featured stories, when there is that so called pErFecT outfit for the party like you said u gotta pay 40-50 gems just to impress the badboy or else he won’t like u back and if u don’t choose this option he will date the meanie girl and never get married in the final chapter aww so sad :cry:

NAWWW DUDE IMMA APPREAR TO THE PARTY WIT MY PIJAMAS IDC IF HE DOESN’T LIKE IT YA HEAR?

1 Like

And then you have to pay another 50 gems to spend the night with him :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

YeA so accuratee :expressionless: damn

1 Like

Aaaand that’s why I stopped playing featured stories a long long time ago :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Yupp, last time i played a featured one was the kiss list and that was it

2 Likes

I usually start playing one just to see if there are any new features and just stop at the customization :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeahh :sweat_smile:

1 Like

EXACTLY! Episode releasted a new story idk how its called, but you have a choice like: Get to know him better and listen to music (orsomething like that) And that should cost me 40 DIAMONDS?! then the other chice was: get socked.

Also on date/party/enything else nice, you can either wear something what they say is: ‘‘amazing and get all the atention’’ (what 9/10 doesn’t happen) or get something like @If_the_shoe_fits said:

I completely agree on that! please make a lower diamond price, like 15 diamonds, (what i used to be in the Demi and Dolan days!) or just make the free look look more nice so people actully enjoy clikking that choice/button

3 Likes

Gem choices are pretty much worthless in my opinion, the never influence the story that much. I only use them for extra scenes that’s it

1 Like

That’s so depressing :pensive: