Gems to be able to CC?

If I saw this I would drop the story immediately. No way.

6 Likes

…okay
Next they’re gonna come with

"Hey! Do you want to read this story?

Choice 1–> YESSS! (15 gems)
Choice 2–> No, sorry"

10 Likes

No lol that’s funny because I just saw this author saying she would either make people pay for art scene or pay 5 gems for each chapter.

2 Likes

Why would someone make you pay to read a chapter? :unamused:, it would be less beneficial because nobody would read that. No one would read a story on episode for money if they wanted that they might as well have bought an actual book. One of the points I read on episode is that it is free to read stories.

5 Likes

Honestly I don’t know episode is free for a reason let me show you what she said but I covered her name.

10 Likes

They are only going to make their ranking worse but ok. :grimacing:

8 Likes

Yes they are and she is a well known author. That makes it worse all they want now is to be on the “trending section”and not actually think about the readers who don’t have money to buy gems. I understand you want people to read your story but at this point they are being ridiculous.

6 Likes

the gems in community stories are getting ridiculous

5 Likes

They are taking advantage of their audience especially if it is in the middle of a story because naive users will get money from their parents for gems and then waste it on a stupid chapter that is only a few minutes long. It was a horrible decision by episode making it affect the ranking but this is absolutely absurd. Episode should put restrictions on gems in your story because this is extremely unfair.

4 Likes

Yes I agree I never read her stories before but she has a lot of reads and the story you have to pay gems to read which should be free she has like 6 episodes already out.

4 Likes

duh, why not just add a support the author choice at the end of the episodes?

1 Like

Now what the fuck is this??? I understand that an author’s goal is to have his stories recognized and included in the trending section, but this? That’s crazy, and even worse if it’s a well-known author.

5 Likes

ikr i totally agree! All i want to do is just read a story! TBH most authors don’t want to do this but they are some authors who do . like…

3 Likes

i get that gem choices play a big part in episode’s algorithm but it’s getting out of hand. Like paying gems for bonus scenes or extra points is normal, but what’s next? paying 25 gems per chapter?

7 Likes

OMG girl i totally agree like soon its going to be 15 per speech bubble like :expressionless:

7 Likes

Yeah no that isn’t right. I don’t even mind not having customisation in a story but adding gems into it I don’t really like. And 15 gems especially is way too much. If it was re-customisation that’s fine but at the start of the story is a no for me.

5 Likes

Like one of my fav authors on her story said she is going to place 5 gems for readers to read the chapter NOT early access (I’m not going to call the author out).Like im broke :sleepy: . Like plz let me just read

6 Likes

like i understand authors want their story trending but they should think about the reader and that they are going to lose lots of reads and for what :sparkles:GEMS :sparkles:.

4 Likes

Lol authors rlly r trying whatever they can to get gems. I understand they need them to trend but fr 15 gems for 1st cc. Oof.

I understand 2nd cc is ok to charge gems, but paying 15 for 1st cc is ridiculous. Considering they don’t even do that in featured stories :woman_facepalming:t3:

7 Likes

Exactly. I understand gems are added to increase rank and that’s fine with me but the 15 gems for any choice is too much imo and especially for things like that.

3 Likes