Genetically correct characters

I notice it especially when I make my MC Asian because rarely any MC parents have Asian features

It’s possible

To be fair the child can inherit recessive genes which is why I don’t pay much mind to my characters looking like a perfect mix of their parents. Alot of people inherit features that neither of their parents have or some may favour one parent significantly more than the other. My main problem is when I read a story and the parents are a COMPLETELY different race from my MC

1 Like

Ahhhhhhhhhh

1 Like

In authors’ defence, I’m sure it’d be easier if there was some way to create gains/variables inside a cc template, I’m pretty sure the cc templates don’t support either. Or if there was some way to create conditionals using features rather than just gains and choice names.

My perfectionist-ass would do a lot to make parents related but not identical if I could do some sort of:

if (“NAME” eyes == “Hooded Slender Almond” OR “Hooded Slender Almond Eyeliner” OR
){

##East-Asian parents

}elif (“NAME” bodyColor == “Rose 06” OR “Gold 06” OR
){

##Black parents

}elif

Just to cover a few bases so I can guess the ethnicity without them being clones.

Still not perfectly realistic, doesn’t really cover parents with different ethnicities, but it’d help estimate a tiny bit lol.

3 Likes

Oh yeah I totally don’t blame authors when their CC MC don’t match their parents

1 Like

Also I just wanted to say I love your stories so much <3 big fan

1 Like

Not to be this person, but I’m going to be so I guess :sweat_smile::woman_shrugging:t2::

One, full cc with a mc and taking parents/ siblings/grandparents into account is hard. I’ve been trying to get it figured out for my contest entry and it’s hard enough getting skin tones to match, nose shapes that look like they go together, figuring out lip colors that match the corresponding skin tones for the male in the family
It’s already a lot without worrying about specific genes. I don’t care if the mom looks like she could be the mcs sister, at least they look related and don’t look like the mc was adopted. :joy:

Now, if it’s a non-customizable character that’s a different story. However, episode is an app for entertainment, not really scientific accuracy. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Yeah, OP meant for non-CC stories, really no way to get fancy with CC’ed biological family members without messing some of them up lol. :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, I added the cc part in because OP wasn’t really specific. :wink:

1 Like

No yeah totally agree

3 Likes

I care about genetics!!! But if it unlikely doesn’t mean it is impossible.

1 Like

We can do Punnett squares! :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

mr grandpa had dark skin and blue eyes :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

yep, i do this too

1 Like

Aww thank you so much!! So glad you enjoy them! :heart:

wtf are “white features”?

Light lip colors on darker tone & green/blue eye color.

1 Like

ah, i see. yea that annoys me too, although some black people do have blue and green eyes

1 Like

Yeah and that’s rare.

1 Like