Genres after the 10.10.19

So, while everyone is (rightly) scared for the new guidelines, none but a few is talking about the other changes that Episode will adopt the 10th of October, one of them: some genres will be combined into one.
This means that we’ll have fewer genres, however someone is speculating that a couple will be added. I personally think that horror and thriller will merge, and maybe drama and action too? Or drama and romance.
What’s your opinion on this?

5 Likes

Yeah, they’ll probably merge thriller and horror. The others im not sure about…

5 Likes

Yeah because i think its the same.

3 Likes

Fantasy - Stay
Adventure - could go with fantasy
Drama - Stay
Comedy - Stay
Romance - Stay
Sci-Fi - Need to be added
Action - Stay, could go with drama.
Family - Need to be added

8 Likes

I heard some people say that action and adventure may be combined, it’s a little stretch but maybe they will

3 Likes

I think the hollywood genre might go. I mean, we can’t write in it and it’s there for just the celeb stories. But idk :woman_shrugging:t5:

YES! We need sci-fi

3 Likes

nah, don’t think they that will need that, because we only have a little less celeb stories.

3 Likes

Noooooo :sweat_smile:
There are some stories that can go between both for sure, but I personally think they’re two distinct categories.

But if they merge any genres, they will likely merge those two for sure. Doesn’t help that the horror category is extremely lacking.

9 Likes

Hm, okay. I always think horror and thriller are the same. lol

1 Like

I wish that they could do a more generic genre and add subcategories in it. Like instead of combining horror/thriller, create a bigger genre like “Scary” and when clicking on the shelf they’re divided in thriller, horror and maybe fantasy horror.
The same with others that they’ll probably merge, like “Fiction” and add subcategories like “Scifi”, “Fantasy” and “Heroes”.
It would be WAY easier to use, both for readers and for authors. For authors it would be easier to get noticed thanks to all the different categories and readers would find immediately what they’re looking for

8 Likes

wait what. I have not even heard about this.

but seriysly we dont need less but more genres. like scifi.

5 Likes

This :point_up::tired_face:

3 Likes

omg…once this go in effect i wonder how many stories are going to be removed…n hm…they should also increase passes instead of us buying and the genres, i think they may gonna add more…

2 Likes

They’re changing the trending system too, I honestly don’t know what to expect, but we know that Thursday will be a mess :woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

I really hope so, we’re already lacking in genres and they still want to remove someone

2 Likes

a big one.

5 Likes

What? :flushed: Why?!

We’ve been actually discussing in another thread that they should add subgenres, at least for romance.

I haven’t heard anything about this, was this announced on Insta or I just missed a post here?

10 Likes

I haven’t heard about this either. :thinking:

3 Likes

My understanding is that it could happen, but it’ll be temporary:

After the 30 days are up, shelves or genres in the app containing community stories will be restricted to content which has passed the new guidelines and will have a limited number of stories or possibly combined with others. In addition, the trending sections will be updated weekly instead of daily.

6 Likes

Oh right!
Seems this sentence was too complicated to me and I got lost somewhere in the middle :laughing:

2 Likes