Get coding help here! :disco: :blob_hearts:

well i’m not exactly sure, i want it to be at that spot but not as a zoom reset and i forgot how that would work because when i take it out of the code it just stays in the spot i’m trying to pan to

I guess I’m not understanding what you’re imagining, then, or the error you’re experiencing.

so for the script it is transitioning into the scene but none of the characters or overlay is in it until a moment later

And that is or isn’t your intention?

it isn’t

Try out the edited code that I posted above, that’ll fix the issue. I didn’t change anything that would change your timing or anything like that. I simply changed a few @s to &s and moved the transition command up.

yeah for some reason it’s still doing the same thing with the transition

God, sorry I’m not awake apparently. Try it now. I edited my original message to be correct

no your all good! and yes it worked
thank you so much for the help : )

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Is there a way to have 2 sound loops going at the same time? I want ambient hall sounds and a lil tune going simultaneously. Heres what i have, but the (backandforth) cuts out before the scene ends.

sound music_backandforth
volume sound 20 0
music int_academichall_busy
volume music 20 0

As you’ve stated, the two tracks will play together simultaneously for a limited time before one stops, which is the one under the sound track. The sound command and the music command are virtually the same command, but the music command tells the track to loop over and over until you tell it to stop (music off). Sound just plays a track one time through and then stops playing unless you tell it to stop sooner than that.

Your options then are to either shorten the scene, or end the tracks early at the same time (if you’d rather they lasted for the same time and can’t shorten the scene).

Thanks! Thats what I was thinking I would have to do.

1 Like

OverlayAnimationStageAction does not have PlaceInfo for 5405069258719232_BLANK

This error (?) (It’s below the preview screen copy-board on the right) will not go away and I can’t find my overlay on the preview screen so that I can scale and shift it. It is a blank overlay so I also cannot see where it is at, nor any dashed lines around it…
I have @overlay BLANK create , currently
I have tried adding in
@overlay BLANK shifts to 31 98 in zone 1
@overlay BLANK scales to 0.064 0.064
@overlay BLANK opacity 1 in 0

and every single combination has still held that error message of no place info…
Please help! Thanks a bunch.

What does the error message say exactly? And where did you get the blank overlay from?

I got it from the Joesph Evans YouTube video, tappable overlays.
There is no error message in the normal spot (on the left screen)
the message is on the right side of the screen underneath where the copyboard is while previewing your coding. (When I delete my overlay creation the message disappears, and the box is then blank)
It says: OverlayAnimationStageAction does not have PlaceInfo for 5405069258719232_BLANK

Hmm… Try sizing it up to 100 100, the overlay by Joseph Evans is really tiny

Thanks!!

Hi! I’m here for some more help :,)
I believe I know the problem; I think my overlay is not going in front of the second overlay I am placing it on top of…

Here is my code:
@overlay EXT. CAPE THORN MAIN STREET POOL OF LIGHT - NIGHT create
@overlay BLANK create
@overlay EXT. CAPE THORN MAIN STREET POOL OF LIGHT - NIGHT opacity 1
@overlay EXT. CAPE THORN MAIN STREET POOL OF LIGHT - NIGHT shifts to 23 262 in zone 1
@overlay BLANK shifts to 235 343 in zone 1
@overlay EXT. CAPE THORN MAIN STREET POOL OF LIGHT - NIGHT scales to 0.604 0.604
@overlay BLANK scales to 16.742 16.742
@overlay BLANK rotates 90 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0
@overlay EXT. CAPE THORN MAIN STREET POOL OF LIGHT - NIGHT to layer 1
@overlay BLANK to layer 2

The reason why I believe BLANK is not in the layer in front of EXT. CAPE THORN MAIN STREET POOL OF LIGHT - NIGHT is because when I try spot directing, initially it will allow me to move BLANK, but if I click outside where BLANK is it clicks on EXT. CAPE THORN MAIN STREET POOL OF LIGHT - NIGHT which is fine that’s how it should work. But then the problem occurs when I try to click on my BLANK overlay after EXT. CAPE THORN MAIN STREET POOL OF LIGHT - NIGHT has been selected… It won’t let me click on BLANK at all, that’s why I believe it is stuck behind the other overlay’s layer.

Can someone help me bring BLANK to the front of EXT. CAPE THORN MAIN STREET POOL OF LIGHT - NIGHT? I am using BLANK as a tappable so I need it in front of the other overlay or else readers cannot advance in my story!
Thanks!

Can you send your tappable coding?