Dara Amarie's Official Help Thread! [closed]

To be honest, Iā€™m not sure if there is a limit. Thereā€™s a limit for lines in an episode because it could crash the story/app if itā€™s too long, but having a lot of characters/outfits doesnā€™t really affect your story/app so I think that you can have as many characters and outfits as you want. Iā€™ve never worked with a story with THAT many characters/ouftits so Iā€™m not 100% sure.

1 Like

If youā€™re not already using Chrome, I suggest to use that since that browser works best for the web previewer. If you are already using chrome, then you should submit a ticket about the issue, because I had this exact same problem yesterday with a story Iā€™m directing. I had a character do an animation (limelight) and when I tested it in the app, she wasnā€™t doing anything. I was getting frustrated because the script looked perfect and there was nothing wrong. But then I checked the web previewer and the animation was working fine, it was just the app that was the problem. So itā€™s important to test your story with both the app and the web previewer.

Oh, thank you, Iā€™ll make sure to switch it up. I havenā€™t used Chrome in forever and a day.

Thank you. Iā€™ve got a feeling Iā€™m going to need all the luck I can get.

I want my character to come on at the beginning of a new episode with an outfit that my reader chose. So if they chose outfit one I want my character to enter with outfit 1 and if they chose outfit 2 i want my character to enter with outfit 2. I cant tell what ny readers choose. I can tell them before each chapter starts to choose the outfit they chpse last time but i also gotta do hair changes. Surely there is a much smoother way to have a character enter a new outfit in the outfit the reader chose instead of saying "choose the outfit you chose previouslyā€™ for each chapter

could someone tell me how please??? (I heard it involves gains but how do i use that)

You can learn all about gains in my guide here! :slightly_smiling_face:

Whatā€™s the difference between a redo and goto?

redo is when you want to go back to a label (a label that was already placed) and goto leads to any label

1 Like

Hey guys I could use some help!
I want my character to run to a spot then do an action, but they are idle between the running action and the animation. How do I fix this?
(They run, then are idle, then are idle terrified loop)
ex)
@NOAH walks to spot 0.994 50 168 in 1 AND NOAH is run_athletic_neutral_loop THEN NOAH is idle_terrified_loop

Use ā€œdoes it whileā€ instead of ā€œisā€ for the walking while running animation

@NOAH walks to spot 0.994 50 168 in 1 AND NOAH does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop THEN NOAH is idle_terrified_loop

1 Like

Are you letting the readers customize the MC? If you are youā€™d have to add the evil sister to the template.

Just updated my reply above with a link :blush:

1 Like

Heyoo,

Just wondering the command to remove an item from a character?

1 Like

Whatā€™s the animation when an ink female turns around and moves her body back then covers her mouth? Like she was scared or startled, or if someone walked up behind her and scared her, so she turns around startled? Sorry for bad wording, Iā€™m bad at explaining.

I think youā€™re talking about the hidden animation shocked.

Is the command just shocked?

Yep and itā€™s the only hidden animation you can use

Hey I Need help.
coukd anyone tell me how I can fade in overlays?
Iā€™m desperate :disappointed_relieved:

Hi Dara, I have two things:

• I would like to use gains and the points system in my story but I have NO idea what they roughly are or how they work and

• How would you get music and sounds playing on the ā€˜Start Episode 2 for 1 passā€™ screen?

Thank you so much Dara!

Anisha xox