Get the help you need here! Directing/advanced directing/coding

Hey guys! I decided to make this post, cause l see lots of people struggling with errors, or need help with coding and stuff. So everyone can get help from me and also everyone else who enters this post! So comment below what you’re struggling with cause l could help you/someone can help you!:heart:

4 Likes

Oh where do I start :woman_facepalming::laughing:

I get so overwhelmed with how much coding is involved and it’s like the slightest error can make a big difference in the script. It is the basic stuff to, like walking onto a scene, and speech bubble placement oh and overlays, don’t get me started there. They should be easy. Anyway I am here to just see what every body else has to bring and pick up on your advice because with me it is too long to go into where I am having trouble.

2 Likes

whenever you can help just dm me or ask someone who is good at what you’re having trouble with! And yes spot directing and placing speech bubble can be hard at times, But it’s worth it. But yeah anytime you are having problems just dm me or ask someone who knows about it.:heartbeat:

1 Like

Okay so one thing! Spot directing is a Bitch! But once you get used to it, it can actually can be super fun! I love coding!

4 Likes

Ok I got one, how to stop characters sliding when you have them walking.

1 Like

you are putting an animation under where they enter/or in the same line. to remove that remove the animation and put @pause for a beat then do a animation or put it in the same line when they enter and put THEN @CHARATER is animation. hope this helps :blush:

1 Like

&TASHA walks to spot 0.542 90 274 in 4 AND TASHA faces left
&MARK walks to spot 0.550 130 274 in 4 AND MARK faces left
@pause for a beat
&MARK faces right AND MARK is idle_rear
&TASHA faces right AND TASHA is idle_rear
TASHA (talk_neutral_loop_rear)
Sorry we are late, some idiot double parked, we had to wait until they moved.
TASHA slides when she says the dialogue but I thought because they should have already stopped walking before she speaks, this shouldn’t happen.

1 Like

Okay so do @pause for 2

1 Like

That could work

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Did it work?

Haven’t done it yet, we had a massive storm so I had to make sure my dog was ok through it. Will try it tomorrow.

1 Like

Ah okay, well do it whenever.

She still slides, and still talks while sliding. I might have to just change it a bit, cause after they arrive I am changing camera views so we see all of the characters front view because the Principal is talking about them finishing school and I have the camera capturing their emotions, so I can make it like they came late.

I am not sure if it’s to do with walking rear, doesn’t happen for walking left or right. Thanks for the help anyway.

1 Like

ah okay, sorry l couldn’t help. Tell me if you need anymore help!:heartbeat:

Try changing the & into an @

1 Like

Thanks and no need to apologise, you gave me some advice, just something wasn’t ticking,

1 Like

Came across another thing, is there a way to fix the clothing, for example, you can see a shirt coming through the blazers, or is that just a glitch?

1 Like

I think it’s normally like that it happens to me all the time

2 Likes

Ok thank, I had someone review my story and I am going through the list of things to fix, and that was one of them.

2 Likes