Getting removed a tooth

okay so today I just had a tooth removed. and well its much different then what I always read on the internet and see in tv.

the tv they always get totally drugged and have to take medicine or something after.

all I got was syringe in my gums. and the teeth pull out. it did not hurt at all. and told not to drink anything hot for a weeks time.

my mouth have been filled with blood all day and it hurt a little but not worse than before it was pulled

2 Likes

It is def painful losing your tooth or getting it removed. While I haven’t lost a tooth, only a piece of it, I can say it hurt like crazy and was agony but I’m feeling much better now. I hope you get better soon, sending you positive vibes :heart: :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve never had one pulled but it sounds terrifying. I’m glad it wasnt too bad.

1 Like

I’ve had more extractions done then I’d care to admit. The drugged you see on TV is usually people who have been put under for a more complicated procedure (like wisdom teeth removal) or multiple extractions. Even then, the drugs affect everyone differently. I wasn’t out for very long, and when I was “awake” again (it didn’t really put me to sleep, but I can’t remember the procedure at all) I was pretty aware and clear headed.

Really, the numbing is the worst part for me.

Blood is normal. I’m sure they told you, but don’t drink from a straw or you can pull your stitches out. After a day or two there shouldn’t be any blood. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the feeling of my tooth being pulled at or anything stabbing my gum it feels so good. I’ve never had my tooth pulled out though and I don’t think I want to lol
Hopefully the bleeding will stop very soon

It was a wisedom teeth I had removed. and I was 100% clear in my head. I just could not feel anything in my mouth at all. I did not get any stitches either. He did is so fast and I did not even fell it been removed I actually did not even know he had done it

1 Like

Wow. I’m getting a tooth removed in a week and I’m super nervous :sweat:

1 Like

I once had to get my tooth reloved and it was so quick. Like they put something to ny gums so that it’d go numb and then they just pulled it out I didn’t even realize it was gone atfet they told me.

I was scared af at first since always on some videos they seem like they were drugged with something.

1 Like

I got a tooth removed when I was 8 and it didn’t hurt at all :sweat_smile:
The worst part of it was the fact that the stuff the dentist used to numb my mouth tased gross. All I remember is sitting on the chair and then he just pulled it out. I didn’t even know it happened :joy:

I had 5 teeth removed, I screamed every single time. That shit is painful as hell! I had a tooth removed when I was 8 and I didn’t see anything about that in movies yet so I never had my expectations shattered, but seriously, you don’t except it to hurt so much! I also had 4 baby teeth removed when I was 12, one day 2 teeth and a week later the remaining 2 teeth, it was not nice…

For the record, they wanted to give me a little shot to numb the area every single time but dumbass me with my needle phobia refused with very loud panicking voice and told them just to get it out!!! (Yes, every single time even after I knew it hurts like hell)

2 Likes

Thank god I’m not scared of needles :rofl:

1 Like

There can be worse :woman_shrugging:t2: but good for you! I get a panic attack everytime there’s even a mentioning of a needle going anywhere inside my body. :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

I know people like that and all I can say I’m sorry :joy:

1 Like

It’s okay… and as long as I’m under 18 I get a teddy bear sticker every time I need a blood test or a shot, so that’s something :joy::joy::joy: (I’ve had 5 needles that went in my body in the past month and a half, I also got 4 teddy bears stickers lol)

Btw the 5 times were: massive panic about nothing (blood test), massive panic about nothing (blood test), massive panic about nothing (a shot), a blood test because of the previous massive panic about nothing and a piercing

1 Like

That’s not fair! I’m under 18 and don’t get a sticker :sob:

Also you seem to panic about nothing a lot :joy:

1 Like

Lol maybe they don’t give those everywhere…
And yes, I panic a lot about nothing :joy: I keep thinkimg I’m dying or really badly injured when I’m not… in one of those I actually had an unnecessary surgury because I legit thought there was something stuck deep under my skin and the shot was a numbing shot when the doctor was trying to cut that out. Yeah, there was nothing there, it fell somewhere at some point, it didn’t get stuck under my skin :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

Oh I’m sorry that must be pretty painful, get well soon :blue_heart:

I can’t really relate, cause I’ve never had a tooth removed in that way. Once I was put to sleep and had this mini operation where they removed these three teeth which still hadn’t fully grown. They were still only in my gums so they kind of dug into the gums and removed them before they had the opportunity to grow. I remember being told to only eat soft foods afterwards for a while. Then I have also chipped two teeth before. Both times I felt and hit my mouth in the ground. I didn’t have those ones removed, but I did have to end up taking a nerve filling afterwards which made me hate nerve fillings.

Anyway, feel better.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.