Give me a phrase & I’ll write a plot out of it!

I’m kinda bored so I decided to do a game: write a phrase or even just some words (at least more than four) + the genre of the story and I’ll write a plot out of it.
Anyone can be part of the game, if you like a phrase/have ideas, you can write the plot as well!

11 Likes

my ex bf’s friend just ask me out.
Genre: what would you do or how would you handle the situation?

1 Like

“Growing up with a person is not as easy as people think. You see them change, grow, your memory of them remains un unrealistic expectations of what you want them to be like. You didn’t fell in love with who they are today, but with who they were in the past, a person that doesn’t exists anymore.” That’s what Ryan left written in Elisabeth’s nightstand. That morning was when her reality crashed, but she eventually grew away from it. At least, that’s what she kept telling herself. She released that love is vain, impossible to maintain throughout the years. Love fades, no matter how much effort you put in it, you can’t control your partner’s emotions. Well, that’s until she met Michael. He was on the other side of the restaurant, alone and all dressed up. He seemed nervous, with a black tie that was almost strangled him. She giggled at that vision and she proceeded to greet him. They already met in several occasion, being Ryan’s best friend he was always invited over. Michael looked at her, pale as the snow, and instead of returning the greeting he almost begged her to stay with him. Turned out Michael just got out of college, and he was waiting for his first client for his new job as a business consultant. Elisabeth wasn’t surprised by his reaction, he has always been a shy person, she knew exactly how to make him feel better. The business meeting was average, it wasn’t the best but enough to convince the client to sign a contract. While going away Elisabeth was stopped by Michael’s calm voice that asked her if she was down for drinks to thank her for her help. Elisabeth was reluctant at this idea: being close with Micheal meant seeing Ryan again. She said that she would answer that evening. While at home she couldn’t think about anything else. Every sweet memories about what she thought was the love of her life kept resurfacing, crashing her heart again, again, and again. But then, as she was scanning the years of love and joy, she arrived at the moments of tears and pain. When he came back home late and they argued, when she would work all night long, when they didn’t even had breakfast together as they used to. When those thoughts surfaced she realized what she had to do, so she grabbed the phone and called him immediately
“I would like to ask you out, as a date.” She said
“I thought you would have never called.” He replied.
She realized that she was blaming Ryan for what went down during their relationship, instead she never put an effort, she never tried to help him as she was expecting him to do. That evening she waited for him at the bar, Ryan presented himself with a huge smile on his face
“Let’s start over.”

4 Likes

omg i love this. kudos to you. you deserve it.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m happy that you liked it. (Also, I noticed some grammar mistakes and I apologize, I didn’t proof read it before replying :grimacing:)

1 Like

My ex boyfriend asked me to marry him In front of my current boyfriend.
Genre: romance and drama

1 Like

Lol I’m making a story on this so I’m just wondering how you’re going to make this lol.

“This was you- this was all you! I- I didn’t do this… didn’t I?” she said as she looked at the man in the mirror while scrubbing blood off of her hands.

Genre: Horror or thriller

2 Likes

I’ve never been a typical girl, nor I’ve never struggled in my life. Was it fair? Well, no of course. But did I enjoy it? A little more than I should had. Alright, a lot more than I should had. Wouldn’t you feel the same if you had everything handed to you? At least, this was my reality until my life turned upside down. I’ll never forget that night: two cops irrupted into my house to arrest my parents. They didn’t even seem surprised, they just went with the police without even asking a question, without speaking to me… Their crime? A ponzi scheme that scammed nearly fifty people. I was never grateful of what I had, until I lost everything. I was distressed, angry. At them for making my life a living hell, for making me become the joke of the year. ME, ME, ME, that’s all I cared about, that’s all I talked about. I didn’t went to their trial, I just heard some news about them confessing to reduce the sentence. I didn’t want to know, I didn’t care. In this low time my only spark of joy was my boyfriend: Derek. I went to live with him after they took our house. He wasn’t really supportive, he didn’t really care about my situation: all he cared about was partying. That’s the lifestyle I had before, the lifestyle I had when I could afford it. I would go out with him and our friends to expensive restaurants, just to look at them eating and laughing about my life. I felt hopeless, I felt useless. This reality went into an even lower moment when I saw Derek kissing my best friend. “Did you really think that we would’ve worked out? We’re too different now.”
And there I was. Alone, homeless, without a dime. I wanted to cry so badly but I didn’t have the strength anymore, I didn’t have the strength to do nothing. Do nothing but forgive. Forgive myself for the person that I’ve become, my parents for the choices that they made and even Derek for showing his true colors. I asked for a shelter but everyone closed their door in my face, so I tried to go to an homeless shelter. There I met Edward. Blue eyes, tan skin and long black hair. He was serving meals to the less fortunate, to people like me. I thought about how disgusting I may seem to him in that situation, how he must’ve laughed about me and about my life. I quickly put my hood over the head and started to head out when I heard his voice.
“Do you need some help?” he asked.
I looked in his eyes for a split second before watching the ground again and I whispered with a trembling voice “I’m looking for a place to sleep.”
He smiled and showed me the way of a big room with bunk beds. He was really welcoming and warming, he immediately made me feel at home. For the following weeks I helped him cooking and cleaning for the less fortunates. I loved helping others and I loved staying close to him. We became really close, talking in the middle of the night about our dreams and aspirations. He never judged me, not even once. At one point he asked me out. None of us had money so our date was just a plate of preheated meals in the middle of a public park. It was enough for me, enough for us. After some times of relationship he convinced me to see my parents again. At the beginning I didn’t visited them for my selfishness, but after sometime it was just shame, shame of my disgusting behavior towards them. Seeing them was heartwarming, they immediately broke into tears. Their orange clothes were baggy in their malnourished body, they were almost unrecognizable. When I told them about what was going on they watched me with their eyes wide open. I had an inheritance, from my grandfather. Something that the police couldn’t take away from me and that could’ve left me with the privileged life I had before. And just like that everything came back: my home, my car and even my friends… The fake life that I had before was again mine and I was as empty as I could be. With my privilege came back even my ex “We’re similar again now! We can date again!” he used to say. But I had him, I had Edward, even if he didn’t like what I was turning into, what I was doing. I forgot about the homeless shelter, I didn’t have to work anymore. But that was Edward’s life, his passion: helping others. I found myself stuck between two realities: what I was and what I wanted to be. I decided to follow my heart for once, I asked Edward to meet him. I asked him to come with my, on an humanitarian trip, just like we always wanted. But in the middle of my proposal Derek showed up: drunk and delusional, as always. He asked me to marry him, he told me that I was his other half. For a split second I saw pain in Edward’s eyes, he saw in him the perfect fit for me: a dumb, privileged boy for a dumbed privileged girl. But I knew what I wanted, and I knew that for the first time was nothing that money could buy.
“Let’s leave everything behind, this city, my money, those people. Run away with me, let’s follow our heart, let’s find our home.”
With a shy smile he agreed.

3 Likes

cool idea : ) here’s mine !

i could’ve sworn i still saw the lipstick stain along his cheek. i could’ve sworn i saw the dust along his dresser untouchable. like it hadn’t been felt by a human in years. just like me.

1 Like

“Alright Olivia, how do you feel today?” said a woman while she was entering the room. Olivia was laying down in her bed, facing the other direction. As the woman tried to approach her, she turned the other side.
“Are you really doing this right now?”
In her head millions of thought were beezing in her head. Her eyes kept closing and opening, repeatedly, almost compulsively.
“Alright then, I’m leaving breakfast in your desk.” Said the woman before heading out. The sound of the keys turning into the door lock made her bounce out of her bed.
“Noooooo!” she said while kicking the door “Let me out!!”
“Naughty girls deserve punishment.” said the woman from outside the door.
Olivia kept her eyes wide open while watching her feet “I’m not a naughty girl.” She whispered to herself “I’m not a naughty girl, I’m not a naughty girl.” “I’m not a naughty girl!” finally screamed while punching the door. Her heart was beating so heavily in her chest, her pale skin matched the white gown she was wearing. “I’m not a naughty girl” she kept whispering herself while heading towards the desk. She took a deep breath “Olivia, stay calm, you aren’t helping your situation.” said a man behind her back. Olivia immediately turned to see a familiar face, her only friend that she loved and cared about: Oliver. He smiled back to her before sitting near her to steal a couple of fruits from her breakfast. “Hey, those are mine!” they both laughed. “I don’t like how this doctor is treating you.” he said. “What else can I do? I’m always locked here.” she answered while swinging back and forth in her chair. “Well, I’m not, I want to talk to her.” Olivia was thrilled about this thought, if Oliver was really going to help her, that meant that she could go out from her room every now and then. Oliver was her twin brother, but they were so different. He was athletic, smart, charismatic, while she was well… herself. That evening she wrote everything in her diary, about Oliver’s visit and his promise. She hoped that he would help her. A little bit after she heard the door lock open again, so she quickly hid the diary under her pillow. The doctor came back, with her disgusting smile again. “I have the dinner!” Olivia was sure that she felt joy in seeing other’s pain. Her eyes always sparked with delight when seeing a freak like herself. “I don’t want it.” Olivia answered while looking at her feet again. “You’re being naughty again, you now that I don’t like it when you act like that.” Olivia’s fist started forming in her bed while she repeated again with a higher voice “I don’t want it!”. “Alright then, someone seems to need more medicines.” She said before heading out again. Olivia’s anger started fading as she remembered Oliver’s promise. “He’s smart and charming, he’ll convince her.” She thought before going to sleep. In the middle of the night she heard the door opening but she didn’t open her eyes “Yeah, she’s sleeping”. That was him, that was Oliver! After he closed the door she quickly went to eavesdrop what he was saying. What she heard, however, wasn’t what she was expecting. “I don’t think that she’s getting better.” “We need time, mr Waltersen, she’s still traumatized from her past.” “I don’t care about the details, she’s been in this f*cking mental institute for four years and I still haven’t seen any progress!” “You know that in every other institute they would’ve refused her case, right? Be grateful about our job or we’ll kick her out.”. “What?” she thought “He’s the one holding me here?” Everything from here went black. Olivia opened her eyes and found herself in the bathroom.
“This was you- this was all you! I- I didn’t do this… didn’t I?” she said as she looked at the man in the mirror while scrubbing blood off of her hands. Oliver looked back to her.
“I never existed Olivia, you did all of this yourself.”
The body of the doctor was laying in a lake of blood as Olivia looked herself in the mirror to see Oliver, she replied “I’m not a naughty girl anymore.”

2 Likes

I’ll do yours when I wake up! It’s 6 a.m. and I still didn’t sleep :sweat_smile:

1 Like

(I don’t know which genre it is so I’ll do it as a thriller/horror.)
I felt like the earth was eating me alive. The complete darkness hugged my fears while my brain started analyzing everything that went wrong. I tried to open the coffin from above my head, useless. I put my head back, taking a deep breath and accepting my destiny. This is what I deserve, isn’t it? This is how my end was written all along. Everything started nearly three months ago.
I was just hired in a new newspaper company. With the internet it started getting almost impossible to find a good job, but I refused to sell myself to some cheap, drama filled news source. My first task was to investigate a robbery. It wasn’t my general cup of tea, but I was still happy to go back to work. The crime happened in a local pet shop. They stole all types of animals: from an exotic tarantula to a common hamster. The police was sure that the burglar didn’t know the real value of those pets, however I wasn’t really sure about this. Why didn’t they steal money directly from the cash register? They had the opportunity to do so. I wrote was I saw but not what I felt, my job didn’t involve emotions nor gut feeling. I went back to the shop the next day, the shop wasn’t there anymore. Instead there was a bakery, already opened and functioning. Confused I got in and asked for explanation.
“A pet shop? Last time there was a pet shop here was 50 years ago.” said the owner.
The earth started spinning around me, was it a joke? I looked at my phone to see the date, 20 September 2019, exactly the day after the robbery. But how did they create a whole new activity in one night? I ran to my work place, nothing. Not even a building there, just a big, lifeless body of cement, full of parked car. I looked around the city, confused. What was going on? I heard some steps behind me, I immediately turned around.
“You found out how we escaped.” Said the man in front of me. He was almost unreal, two dimensional. I couldn’t understand what was wrong with him but I knew that he didn’t belong here.
“Where are we?” I asked, but I wasn’t sure that I wanted to know the answer. The man looked at me and laughed,
“We are dead. Both of us. We are in another dimension.” I looked at him with a sarcastic gaze. He proceeded to walk back from where he came
“A bomb exploded after you and the police arrived, none survived.”
“You were the thief?”
“I was an hostage, forced to steal.”
“But why?”
He stopped and turned around to look at me
“For this.”
I looked around. Everything seemed different but strangely familiar. The buildings, the houses, even the people.
“Why did they need animals?”
“They didn’t need them, they needed us.”
I took a deep breath and I followed him. We went to a tiny apartment, the smell of dust was lingering in the air, making me cough. What was I going to do now? He offered me his bed, but I refused and instead I slept on the couch.
“If anything happens, let’s meet in front of the fountain.” He said before heading to his bed. I was confused but I didn’t want to ask anything else. That night I couldn’t sleep, I looked at the ceiling trying to understand what was happening. I came to the conclusion that I had to find peace in order to restart my life. So I closed my eyes.
I big honk wake me up. I was sleeping in a bench, in the side of the street. Everyone around me kept looking at me and whispering things in each other’s ear. I was feeling dull, but not hungry nor tired. After all, I was dead. I quickly got up and adjusted my clothes. I tried to tie my hair in a big bun to hide the mess that they was. I started looking for the fountain, I knew that he was waiting for me, and he was the only one to know the truth. When I found it he was sitting in the edge looking at the sky, I felt relief.
“Finally, I’ve been waiting for you for a month.”
A month? How was it possible?
“What? A month? We saw each other yesterday.”
“You probably slept later than me.”
I tried to understand what was going on, to find a logic, but nothing had a logic anymore.
“What’s your name?” I asked, realizing that we never presented ourselves.
“Marcus.”
“I’m Vanessa.”
We looked at each other’s eyes for a little bit, before going again to his house.
The several months that followed, we had the same pattern: go to sleep, wake up in a different dimension, search for each other.
In each dimension something was off, something was different. Nothing felt like home. Marcus started tracing the worlds that we woke up in, he said that if the world are infinite, this is our destiny; but if they’re going to finish, we had to expect the worse. We started getting closer, really closer. We started sleeping in the same bed, after all, did we really had any other chance?
That night however, was different. We found an old, abandoned house, fully furnished. We put our belongings in the dusty dresser before laying in the bed.
“Will this ever finish?”
“Do you want this to finish?”
I think about it for a moment, then I giggle about the absurdity of this situation. How many years did pass? Or maybe they were months? Or just hours? Or minutes? I kissed him goodnight and laughed about the stain left in his cheek.
“Vanessa!”
In my defense, I didn’t know that my makeup was still on, after all the time that passed. He tried to clean it with his hand, but the stain was left. I giggled again and fell asleep in his hug. I woke up feeling a cold body hugging me. He was pale, so pale. I couldn’t feel his warm breath on my neck anymore. I panicked. My heart started beating as if it was trying to beat for both of us. I tried to touch him, to feel his face again, but I passed through. I was shocked. I looked around and I realized that I was still in the same room as the night before. But everything started fading. I could’ve sworn I still saw the lipstick stain along his cheek. I could’ve sworn I saw the dust along his dresser untouchable. Like it hadn’t been felt by a human in years. Just like me.
I wasn’t human anymore, I wasn’t human without him. I started crying while running away from the house. I went in the edge of a bridge, people started shouting around me, trying to make me stop. But I already decided, I wanted to see him again. So I jumped.
When I opened my eyes everything around me was dark. I felt like the earth was eating me alive. The complete darkness hugged my fears while my brain started analyzing everything that went wrong. I tried to open the coffin from above my head, useless. I put my head back, taking a deep breath and accepting my destiny. This is what I deserve, isn’t it? This is how my end was written all along.
“Vanessa?” someone said form the other side.
“Marcus?”
“I’m so tired, let’s sleep one last time, together.”
So I closed my eyes and slept forever.

3 Likes

Here’s a challenge ;

There’s a deep fried rat in my KFC bucket!

1 Like

Challenge accepted!
That night she ran away from her parents’ house. She was tired of the abuse, tired of this situation, tired of them. At only the age of 18 she decided that it was time for her to move on, to grow. She knew that if she stayed there she would have become just like them. Rachel has never been a calm nor honest person. She was always in trouble, constantly fighting with whoever was brave enough to go against her. She wanted to change, she didn’t like to be this violent but she couldn’t help it. The first months she slept in her car, while looking for a job. None of her old friend wanted to give her hospitality, she immediately realized how they’ve been faking their friendship all those years. She started giving around her CV, to whoever may be interested in offering her a job, but who wanted to hire an high school drop out without any job experience? Of course, a fast food. KFC to be exact. Her job was to get the order and place the food for her client. A really easy, low paid job. It wasn’t enough for her to pay rent but it was enough to afford some food and hygiene products. Until one day. A group of girls got into the restaurant. They were way too dressed up for eating in a fast food, but they didn’t seem to care. Rachel immediately recognized them.
“Rachy? Is that you? This is what you did after high school?”
“It’s temporary.”
“Oh, of course, who would want to work here”
“Ew, do you really have to touch fried chicken?”
“Do you realize that you’re in kfc? You’re going to touch fried chicken as well.”
“The only food that I touch is what I eat, not other’”
Anger started poisoning Rachel’s soul. She wouldn’t be in that position if they helped her, she wouldn’t have to work if they were real friends for her to begin with.
“I want a bucket. Hurry, we’re busy.”
Rachel passed the order to the kitchen.
“Can you bring some chicken wings from the freezer?” asked the cook to Rachel.
She immediately went to bring it, whispering to herself how much she hated them and how much she wanted to yell at them. But this job was important, it was the only one available for her. That’s when she saw it. A died rat in the corner of the freezer. Disgusting, we know, but what else can you expect from a low cost restaurant? She grabbed it from its tail and placed it with the chicken pile. She gave the food and the corpse to the cook as of nothing happened and he placed them in the fryer all together. After they were ready, Rachel put the repugnant meal in the bucket before serving it to her “friends”.
“Here you go.”
“Finally.” they answered before paying.
And that’s when she heard, just after they step their food outside the building, a scary scream:
“There’s a deep fried rat in my KFC bucket!”
She never laughed this hard. Sweet revenge.

2 Likes

Jesus christ

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I couldn’t think about anything less disgusting :joy:

2 Likes

Here’s mine

One night while watching tv you get a sudden news alert warning everyone not to look at the sky - but then you notice you have hundreds of messages from your friends and family saying “it’s a beautiful night tonight, why don’t you take a look?

1 Like

This isn’t a story partner request thread :sweat_smile:

I don’t know what I am anymore!

Genre: Romance/Drama.

Make a topic and put: Find writing partner, or go to a writing partner topic and ask.