Give me some writing advice for my new story

Hello, guys! So currently I’m working on my very first story and I learned coding just a few months ago. I’m also new in the community. So it will mean a lot if some of you could give me some helpful writing advice that will help me to write my story perfectly. :dizzy:

3 Likes

Welcome! :blob_hearts:
This thread might be useful

Thank you :innocent:

1 Like

Your best bet will be to check out Dara’s guides and templates.

She covers absolutely everything you need to know.

Plan the story and each important character before coding the story :relieved:

Dont stress! This is very important, 'cause sometimes coding is awful :wink:
I’m also a writer so, if you need something just PM me :stuck_out_tongue: I have an art shop in case you need something!
So, yeah, at the beginning coding is hard, but dont worry you will get used to it :smirk:
Good Luck :heart:

1 Like

Here’s a quick tip: You’re going to need about a billion extras, so don’t lose patience :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :wink:

1 Like

So true @Maeverie.Rivera :dizzy:

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I’ve checked it out and it helped me. :innocent:

Thank you. I will try to not stress out and I will definitely check out your art shop. :wink:

1 Like

Oh also!

To organise your script better you can section it into scenes using the following e.g.
Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 19.42.23

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 19.42.43

Using this coding will allow you to collapse and open specific scenes to keep your script tidy and save you from scrolling through thousands of lines of script to find one thing!

And when you’re directing, if you want to direct simultaneous animations at one time, or you want characters to do something at the same time like walking to a spot, or talking/reacting for example, instead of using @ and then just writing AND each time making a huuuuuge paragraph of coding, you can simply use the ampersand symbol (&) and separate them onto different lines so it is easier to spot errors and keep your script tidy!

I recommend watching Joseph Evans tutorials, they’ll definitely help :blob_hearts: :butterfly:

I recommend reading my thread :innocent:

Writing an Episode story 101 - The key to success

Yep! Thank you… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’ve checked them out. They’re helpful.

1 Like

I will check it out. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.