Giving advice to people

Hey guys, so I’m not sure if it’s just me. But when it comes to giving advice, I’m good at giving it people, whether that’s based on their story or just general life reassurance and issues they’re struggling to overcome. I’ve always had it in me, where I’m stuck at one point and completely clueless on what to do, I usually avoid or ignore people bc thats my way of helping myself. However, when I notice someone in a trouble state (on the forums and irl), I can support them easily and give them great feedback on absolutely anything. When it comes to myself, I can’t give any sort of advice, and it really irritates me bc even if I try to, I know for a fact, that I won’t attempt to follow it. This is one of my hardest struggles.

I just wanted to know, if anyone else experiences this, if you do/did, share your thoughts. I’m really triggered about it, and it affects me horrendously. Like, why can’t I give myself some normal advice, like I do for others?

Thank you :star2:

6 Likes

This is so true for me too. I have been told by my friends that I give good advice and know exactly what to say when they want/need help or advice. But I can never apply the same advice to myself. Even if I know it’d help me.

3 Likes

I experience that all of the time. :sob:

I always tell others communication is key, but I avoid it like the plague.
Communication? Confrontation? Nope, nope, nooooope.

3 Likes

I know, it’s so annoying. I’m glad i ain’t the only one :sweat:

2 Likes

It’s easier to give advice to others than ourselves. It takes a special kind of power to take our own advices… some people have that, I don’t lol. If you have any idea, let me know! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, true. But even if I give myself the same advice I do for others. I’d still struggle following it. :unamused:

1 Like

OMG. Exactly like me!! :persevere:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.