Glitch with layering overlays

So I’m pretty experienced with overlays and coding on Episode in general, but even so, I’m still absolutely stumped here. I can’t figure out what the problem is.

I’m using a kitchen island overlay and a backpack overlay, and I want the backpack overlay to be on top of the kitchen island. I used the right code (i even copied and pasted it from the ‘copy’ button underneath the previewer to be absolutely sure I got it right, yet even the ‘correct’ format for the code is somehow incorrect?) for both overlays and it still won’t layer the way I told it to.

I keep getting these errors.

Here’s the code for both the overlays, I’m pretty sure everything here is fine, but it still won’t work.

1 Like

does the overlay name include the word and?

yes, is that what’s causing the issue? lol

most likely , because episode reads the and as another overlay so you need to make a new overlay without the word and

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t even think about that being the issue because of the fact that the original one had the word “and” in it (the official one provided by Episode) so I tried to reupload it thinking it was a glitch with that specific overlay. Maybe Episode should fix the “and” in the official overlay because it doesn’t work :sweat_smile: But yeah that does explain why the official one didn’t work either
Thank you :))

1 Like

oh thats odd lol :joy: i could imagine that being a problem

and np :))

1 Like

I think its because you put it down as a background and not an overlay (INT. KITCHEN ECONOMY BRICK RED THEME SEA is the background that goes with the overlay INT. KITCHEN ECONOMY BRICK RED THEME SEA TABLE AND ISLAND )
It should look something like this

INT. KITCHEN ECONOMY BRICK RED THEME SEA

&INT. KITCHEN ECONOMY BRICK RED THEME SEA TABLE AND ISLAND - DAY create
& INT. KITCHEN ECONOMY BRICK RED THEME SEA TABLE AND ISLAND - DAY opacity 1

(Then spot direct it like you did above but remember to put the full overlay name INT. KITCHEN ECONOMY BRICK RED THEME SEA TABLE AND ISLAND)

I hope this made sense and also I hoped this helped💕

Please let me know if this works💕

No I reuploaded them and renamed them since the official ones didn’t work, so technically they’re a “custom” background haha
Earlier for my first attempt I already tried using the “original” official Episode overlay and that didn’t work either and I used the right code and put it down as an overlay not a background, I did exactly as you put above and that didn’t work haha

The screenshots I put in the OP were my second attempt, I put the background first then put “with” then the overlay name after which is usually how you add an overlay to the scene without having to do the “create” part of it (which puts it down as an overlay not background like you said haha), and that still didn’t work

I’m pretty sure it’s just because of the fact that the overlay has the word “AND” in it (mine, as well as the Episode official one) which confuses the system because I already fixed the issue by making another overlay without the word “AND” in it and that fixed the issue, but thank you anyway though :blush:

1 Like

If you click on the warning, which line does it highlight? Also by default it’ll scales to 1.0 1.0 and will shift to 0 0, so if it’s an error with one of those lines you could just cut it and not worry about it lol.

The problem lies in the way you layered your overlay.
You should use “moves to layer X” for characters instead of overlays.

It should be:
&overlay KITCHEN ISLAND AND TABLE to layer 3
&overlay BACKPACK1 to layer 4

I don’t think that’s the issue because I tried that and the same issue popped up haha

Have you tried using the layer button in the previewer?