Glorious Day/Work Problems

Today at work I had this one customer who completely ruined my day. At first he was cool and all but then over the course of our exchange he progressively triggered my anxiety and made me feel like I was doing my job wrong. While making his food he said this was his first time coming to our place and I was trying to be nice. No matter how loud I yelled at him he swore he couldn’t hear me. Anyone with anxiety knows how it feels when someone asks you to speak up. While adding guac to his two burritos he complained about it being too less and that he wanted it throughout his burritos. We give them big ass scoops so I have no idea what he was on. I told him we mix them good before wrapping but he asked me to “stop whispering and speak louder” a few more times before nodding. Then he proceeded to complain about the guac again and my coworker tried to help. I went to the back to grab more for him. He seemed to be annoyed and I was feeling like shit by this point considering I’m always anxious for work and he made me nearly mess up a few other people’s food too. I rung him up, after all I’m just glazing over what all happened. Of course we had more annoying customers but he was one of the worst today.

My favorite coworker didn’t have the same shift so I had to suffer without his positive attitude which did a great deal of added damage. He would’ve dealt with guac dude and I probably would feel less crappy.

After this we had a bunch of online orders and customers so I was immediately ready to leave. My cousin noticed my mood and volunteered to work the rest of my shift. So now I’m sitting at a table feeling like human garbage.

6 Likes

I kinda know how you feel :pensive:

I used to work at a snow cone stand and one time guy asked for a strawberry cone and I so I put the ice on a cup and put the flavoring on it and gave it to him. He payed and left and I was like “cool”. He came back and said I missed a spot and he disliked the plain ice so I put some more flavoring on it. Not even a minute later he came back and lashed out at me that I put little flavoring on it and if I didn’t do my job right he’d talk bad about us and report me as an employee. That was my last day there. :smiley:

3 Likes

I don’t get why people do things like this :woman_facepalming:t4: This put me in a bad spot because I had a lot of food to make and I have some dude yelling about guacamole and saying he can’t hear me at the same time.

3 Likes

I hate that feeling when I’m ordering my food the people would tell me to speak up it just give me anxiety especially since I’m quiet spoken. (I’m always been shy, I grow out of it bit.)

I definitely agree with you :100:
People just love to complain about anything, that’s just life, whenever I order my food I take it how it is because you don’t what people will do to your food like some mean people will spit on it and such. Not all employees do that just saying that people shouldn’t be complaining so much like there are some people that aren’t fortunate with things. We should take the food the way it or just cook your own food if u don’t like the how its serves. Employees are working their butts off and making there income they deserve more respect!!, I’m sorry you had an crap day at work.

Here’s a funny video to cheer you up.

Summary

tenor-1 tenor

I can relate to this so I hate it people say it’s gives me anxiety thinking about it “stop whispering and speak louder” :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face: omg you making me nervous stop saying that like I’m trying to speak loud as I can I’m just soft speak you know especially with the mask it makes it worse and when their rude about it ugh I usually scratch behind my ears or stomach when I get nervous like that. I can definitely relate to you on that part @PropertyofNae.

1 Like

MAJOR mood

this one dude seemed promising- he was with his daughter who was maybe 5 or 6…

and she was telling me all about how they planned to make banana cake and how much she LOVED bananas…

and then she pointed out I had “spots” on my face (My acne/pimples) her dad pulled her up on it but I was like its alright kids speak their minds…

but then he made it a point to say “make sure you eat LOADS of bananas and avoid chocolate so you dont end up with spots on YOUR face like she does”

like how you finna pull your daughter up on a comment which wasnt that bad in all honestly, kids speak their minds but then talk down about a feature on my face as if it is something people should be ashamed of? and how are you not ashamed that you are pointing out a common insecurity of a teenage girl as a full grown adult and giving your daughter the lesson that acne is something to be insecure about? like boi what-

I swear I wanted to deck a customer… I didnt… only because his daughter was there…

but seriously- he made it seem like I HAD to be insecure about my acne/pimples and that it was absolutely undignified if his daughter was the have some. .3.

Idk maybe its me but I felt VERY uncomfortable scanning their shopping during that…

4 Likes

Love the video and I’m so happy to know that I’m not just freaking out over so random customer :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I would’ve lost my entire job. What made him think that was a proper example to use as a “life lesson” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: wow can’t believe he said that.
People just don’t care.

1 Like

On a lighter note I also had some money left on DoorDash so I just ordered something 🤌🏽✨ My cousin laughed when he saw the note I left the Dasher.

3 Likes

If that girl ever gets any type of acne she’d probably feel super embarrassed- acne is normal and not deadly- way to go dad! :smiley:

2 Likes

I wish we could rate parents on Yelp. -9000/10 would not recommend :sparkles:

2 Likes

Ikr…

like what example are you setting, teaching a 5-6 year old little girl, let alone your DAUGHTER that she should be ashamed or feel the need to cover up her acne.

and boi chocolate aint the only thing to cause acne, for instance, my acne aint from chocolate as he kept implying, mine is because whilst some people bite their finger nails or pull on their hair when stressed, I will occasionally pop or scratch at my pimples/acne (only when I am highly stressed like full on nervous breakdown stressed) and thats why my face is covered in acne, because before it can ever heal something causes me large amounts of stress which makes it worse… that and my oily forehead.

2 Likes

I feel bad for the mother. I’m hoping she has more sense than him and teaches her daughter better.

4 Likes

agreed honestly, I hope he doesnt project his ideology about acne onto the mother but at the same time since he was so willing to project it towards his daughter and the cashier (myself) in public I wouldnt doubt it :frowning:

2 Likes

I came home from my first day back in school and of course, water is leaking once again in our basement so now we have to have the water turned off until my dad fixes it. :smiley::+1:

1 Like

I deal with water issues all the time so I 100% get how frustrating it is. My basement floods all the time and the water downstairs is dirty. The water upstairs is fine when the drains aren’t clogged but even then the water is still primarily cold 🥲

1 Like

Dang I hope everything will be okay.

1 Like

Apparently the builders didn’t build properly. Oh and it’s my brothers room that’s always affected

1 Like

“have realized I’m not meant to be an adult” :joy:

I am not even an adult and I relate to this. :joy:

3 Likes

Relate I don’t even look like an adult :skull:
Even tho I’m one :joy:

2 Likes