Gloryfing Abusive Relationships

Toxic relationships are basically the norm in Episode, and I’m not even exaggerating.
Does anyone even look at the trending stories in the romance section??
There are some stories (I won’t say which one) I read where the main character basically got angry because her love interest had a past relationship with another girl, and decide to go to the second LI. It’s pretty obvious that the other girl is in good terms with the LI (as friends). The main character wouldn’t even listen to the LI and just ran off without explanation. Then afterwards she “forgives” the LI for not telling her and they reconcile. The end.
I mean, isn’t that the textbook definition of “toxic relationships”?
A relationship is built on trust, and most relationships in the romance section is built on everything but trust.

2 Likes

Exactlyyy!
I agree so much.
It’s disgusting, how normal it is nowadays to see these types of relationships.

2 Likes

I wrote my story about a toxic relationship.
Not just with the MC boyfriend but with her mum.
I put at the beginning the proper warning signs and also created my own warning page stating what the story would contain.
I made sure I put the right level of details into it and I had episode admin look over it three times, and in regards to mental abuse (Because the MC mum has a personality disorder) I had done research on the personality disorder, and I had some close to me who had it.
So when this story is displayed correctly in my opion should be out there.
But as you said @Sunsetttloverr not in a glorified way

1 Like

This is a full fact and I totally agree with you. Glorifying abusive relationships, mental illnesses, sex crimes and many more negative things, then using it for fame is sick and disgusting. Not to mention triggering.

1 Like

If its purely for fame I argee

1 Like

Exactly!
You did an excellent job at representing those themes correctly abd I applaud you for this.

1 Like

Totally agree! It affects also a majority of young peoplr who start having the mindset that these relationships are heathy and actually wish to have the same one.

1 Like

Yup, negative influences are a result too

1 Like

Always.
I have seen comments on stories like this.
Supporting it and thinking it’s cute.

1 Like

I feel I did the best I could.
I made sure though the admin team checked it 3 times to make sure it was within the guidelines.
Because as what you said above this app is for 13 year olds and I didn’t want to give over the wrong impression.
I wrote my story for two reasons.

1. To make awareness
  2. The second reason is for inner peace
    I do hope there is authors out there though which will keep creating stories like mine to make awareness. But not to show these kind of relationships are ok. Because they are not. :slight_smile:
1 Like

Totally agree! And glad you took your time and waited for the admin team to check your story so it could fit the guidelines .Super professional.

1 Like

Thank you, girl :kissing_heart:

But it’s dangerous, sadly.