Good non-mainstream thriller/horror?

I’m a fan of non-mainstream horror, that is the ones without cliché tropes (group of people trying to escape a trap, haunted something, etc) nor jumpscares. The best example would be Edgar Allan Poe’s short stories, or Robert Eggers’ movies if you’ve heard of him. I was wondering if there are such stories on Episode?

To be clearer, I’m looking for well-written stories with at least one of these:

• Psychological horror/thriller. Not the cliché psychopath targeting a group of people, but stories that haunt and disturb you mentally.
  • Hallucinations and confusing reality.
  • Stories that heavily implement philosophy. Doesn’t have to be horror/thriller if it’s good.

Again, please don’t recommend cliché thriller/horror stories or stories that don’t meet the points listed above ^^

2 Likes

The Game and Scorned by @author.AmberJ :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Rebellion: The Fight Begins by Eleanor G is a mystery/thriller/dystopian very George Orwell inspired

1 Like

@TheParisLover @PoojaI thank you so much!

1 Like

Thank you, @TheParisLover and my bestie there, @PoojaI :pleading_face::pleading_face::heart::heart:

My story The Game certainly seems to fit your criteria there, @Licorice. You mention all the things I would want in a good thriller/horror. I do hope you like it if you read it! And Scorned too, that’s my pride and joy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Moved to Promote Your Story since you’re looking for recommendations. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

I’m on episode 3 of The Game and totally hooked! It gives major Black Swan vibe and the cinematography is like a movie :heart_eyes: just what I’ve been looking for. Amazing story, can’t wait to read more :black_heart:

1 Like

The Game by @author.AmberJ for sure.

2 Likes

Thank you, Annie! :heartbeat::heartbeat:

Aww I’m so happy to hear that! :pleading_face::pleading_face::heartbeat::heartbeat: Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.