Gossip Girl | RP | Official Thread

Jessalyn McNamara

Completely ignoring the mention of Jezebel’s ex, Jessalyn smiled excitedly and leaned in closer to her best friend. “A twin?! What? When? Who?” she exclaimed, looking around the room, as if she was expecting to see the boy somewhere in there, even if she had no idea who he was. It was easier from Jess to just go on about the twin-thing, rather than to have a real chat with Jezebel about everything that had to do with Nick. Jess wasn’t really the kind of person to sit for hours and go back and forth with someone about feelings. When you had a problem with Jessalyn, you either kind of solved it and never spoke about it again, or you had a massive fight, stopped being friends, and never spoke about it again. There was no in between. And Jessalyn loved Jezebel, so the solution would have to be the first one she thought about. If they didn’t talk about it, it wouldn’t be a problem - right?

@sunflower.jm

Jay Yeong

He’d been in a state of alteration between having his head down on the desk and sitting upright for some time now, though he’d finally decided on the former. Venus was speaking again and Jay just closed his eyes as he listened in on what she had been saying. She always seemed so calm and assured when she spoke, it was strange to think how one person could have so much patience. Even now, as Jay heard the tapping of a pencil on someone’s desk not far from where the two of them were sitting, it was enough for him to feel the beginnings of a newfound irritation forming in his chest, though he did his best to quench it by focusing on the words of the girl beside him.

He had been listening too intently by now not to overhear the whisper, almost an invitation for him to take her up on a game of Guess Who . Instantly, he was back at trying to decipher the words she’d let slip and had glanced over his surroundings from the desk. It hadn’t exactly crossed over his mind to remember he was in the junior classroom, considering all the rooms at the school looked pretty much the same, though the sight of several unfamiliar faces had soon informed him of that.

“Well, are you not going to give me a clue?” Jay asked, turning to Venus with a raised brow.

@Hail_the_Stxrs (Venus Takeo)

Mentioned: @Littlefeets (Juliet Rivers)

Venus scoffed as she gently gave him a slap on the arm. “Of course not, but let’s just say some of these kids still need babysitters in my opinion,” she said, answering it as vaguely as possible. “I’m sure you can guess for yourself who they are though,” Venus added as she let out a sigh. Sometimes it seemed she had so many secrets and thoughts that they were physically weighing down on her. But who could she possibly tell things too? Manny? Her father? Her school friends? No, she had to keep it under lock and key, it was the only sure way to be safe, to make sure nothing ever spilled. That’s why she conducted her words in such a carefully vague yet precise manner, to give an answer that really answered nothing.

She often did wonder if she was truly a bad person for all the things she knew and had done. But a bad person felt no guilt or regret did they? Plus, she had friends like Jay and Mason which assured her that she was decent because villains don’t have friends… then again, some of them here do. Some of them rule the school practically. No, I’m better than them. I’m not… selfish. I’m going to fix my sins one day.

@themaystorms

Kenzie Amstel
“Okayy.” She said, shrugging when he reassured her he was not an actor. Then he went on to say that herself and Amber belong in the spotlight. “How can… How can you tell I’m ‘meant for the spotlight’?” She asked. “I mean, yeah Amber, but…”

OOC:
@TheBluGeek - Jasper Sevroy

.: Jasper Sevroy :.
“You have that… theatre soul in you. Trust me, if you try hard, you’ll get there,” Jasper told her, smiling softly. Like how my first art gallery was a big flop but it’s not like I can say that. No, saying that would bring up too many questions and peeking around that he did not need right now. “So forget Amber, just do your best, that’s all anyone can ask really.”

@Ella

Jay Yeong

A momentary smile formed on his face. He responded with a thoughtful expression, pausing as he wondered if he would have inadvertently fitted onto the list of kids who still needed babysitters . There were times when people had called him immature, and the fact that the past year had consisted of his housekeeper or other medical professionals reminding him to take his meds every morning didn’t do him any favours when he considered it to that extent. Look who’s the self-absorbed one now, Jay thought, having noticed Venus lost in thought while he’d been considering his own life.

Reaching his arm out to tap her on the shoulder in his attempts at bringing her head out of the clouds, to follow, Jay tilted his head to one side with the beginnings of a sparkle in his eye. “Are you feeling jealous?” he questioned, lowering his voice as though with the weight of a secret, “I mean I could introduce you to mine if it bothers you that much.” Jay nudged her arm with reference to what she had been saying about the babysitter thing. He could still hear the annoying pencil tapping nearby, though he’d been able to drown it out under the the tapping of his pen against the surface of the table.

Kenzie Amstel
She smiled at what Jasper said, she hardly knew this person, and he was giving her advice and telling her she could do it. She didn’t expect this to happen when she went to the senior classroom. She didn’t really know what else to say, except, “Thank you.”

OOC:

OOC: @Ella, @TheBluGeek – cough cough, sizeable paragraphs.

“No problem,” he smiled softly at Kenzie. “I do look forward to seeing you at the play, I have a feeling this year… it’s going to be quite interesting,” Jasper sighed, wondering whether this would be a good interesting or a down right chaotic and the theater is burning down interesting. Either way, it would be fun to see… well, as long as he wasn’t the one accidentally burning down the theater of course. His plan was to do some set design as mediocre as he could allow himself to be, help out a bit more if he had the time, and pray that he wasn’t dragged into some insane plan to change the script last minute. I mean, these things could always happen in real life! Who knows? “It’s just this gut feeling I have, y’know?”

@Ella

Venus let out a small “hm” sound as she felt a pressure on her shoulder, recalling that she had been engaged in a conversation with Jay as she snapped back into reality. “Introduce me to your what? Oh, your babysitter?” She realized suddenly and felt a slight bit of embarrassment warm her blood though she suppressed it, realizing it was another of Jay’s little jokes. “Why would I be jealous of requiring someone to change my diapers?” She mused back with a cocky yet small smile. “So I’ll have to decline your rather generous offer for the time being, sorry,” Venus rebuked as she lifted one hand to scratch the back of her hand. “And, you, cut it out, you’re being annoying,” she added suddenly, turning to the rather irritating person who had been tapping their pencil on the desk for quite a while now. She sighed as she turned back to Jay, giving him a look that seemed to say “what can I say?”.

@themaystorms [Jay]

Elizabeth Teldorn

Elizabeth listened intently to what Max had to say about his school- her school now but she is still coming to grips with that fact. She thought about what her friends were doing, probably riding around the school grounds or maybe thinking about what she was doing? But there was a slim chance of that happening and knowing her friends, Elizabeth thought the slim chance was becoming slimmer. She listened to Max continue about the school play, she loved acting, but her mind was elsewhere and she wanted to think about her friends.

"And I’m definitely not telling you this because I’m Assistant Director"

Elizabeth felt her eyes ,which were wandering around the room at this point, shoot back to Max’s. She knew she had to grasp this chance and it might get her a head start in the audition process. She took a glance at the details on his phone and handed it back. “I actually saw the notice this morning, I live for acting I have done it ever since I was little” Elizabeth said reaching for her phone in her back pocket and went onto gallery “Ever since the days of being mouse number three” She laughed flicking through the photos from when she had little parts to the bigger parts like Oliver when she was 12 and Millie from Thoroughly Modern Millie when she was about 15. Elizabeth handed the phone to Max so he could have a better look.

“I mainly did Musical Theater but I did sometimes write my own plays” Elizabeth spoke enthusiastically remembering back to the nights she spent restless working on it, and the admiration she got from her school after she finished it. “So whats the play and whats it about?” she said putting her hand out for her phone. It had been about 2 years since Lizzie had auditioned for something and she missed the limelight. Ever since her Mother had pulled her out of her acting troupe to study modelling she had wanted to go back and this might just be her chance.

@themaystorms (Maximus McNamara)
ORP:Sorry it took so long!

Jay Yeong

“Well that’s a shame,” Jay raised his brows at her, a coy smile playing on his face. Venus seemed to be getting the hang of it, judging by the slightest traces of a smile that he’d been able to elicit from her as she returned a retort back at him, though the sudden words that followed brought the senior to flicker his line of sight over towards her with an expression that failed to conceal his surprise.

At first he thought Venus had been directing her words at him, though as he turned, it was the realisation that she had been speaking to the other person that had made him pause in disbelief: it was the little things like that which helped him carry on through the day without cause for a relapse, so the fact that Venus had picked up on the source of bother for him was something far more meaningful for him than he could be able to put to words. It was almost like she had read his mind, and the neurotic tapping of his pen on the table as a sign that he had been trying to block out another source of noise in his surroundings. Jay looked down at the seams on the sleeve of his jumper. He didn’t know if he’d ever told her about why he’d been in that institute last year, or if she had come to learn of it from the rumours that had spread around school, but he was grateful for what she’d done.

Figuring that he was probably coming across as a weirdo with the way he had been smiling down at his sleeve in thought, Jay raised his gaze back up, and in the process noticed a single word etched out on the board in whiteboard marker at the front of the class. Reading the hyphenated word had brought a look of horror in his eyes as he slowly shifted his gaze to Venus with a somewhat distressed look on his face that reflected his thoughts entirely. "You didn’t think to tell me I woke up in Pre-Calculus class until now?”

Kenzie Amstel
She smiled back at Jasper. It was funny, she had been at this school for ages, and never really had true friends or had a connection with anyone. Suddenly, out of nowhere, she’s met someone who believes in her and is being nice to her. She thought about being in the play again, there were a lot of people going to want to do that, and not a lot of people are like Jasper. Not that she really knew that, she hasn’t spoken to most of the people in her school, unless she needed to. She shrugged to herself, maybe doing this play will change my opinion. She sat up, shoulders back, feeling a little confident. “Yeah, I know.” She said, responding to him telling her he had a gut feeling. “This year might be different.”

OOC:
sorry for the late response!

“I mean, we’ve had so many strange and weird things happen this year. Old students returning, new couples and broken ones, and some good and bad relationships being created…” he said, feeling a bitter taste in his mouth as he added the last part. “We’ll be lucky if this play even goes decently if I’m honest,” Jasper joked half-heartedly. “But I’m sure it’ll be fine, so long as we don’t end up with some, er, awkward casting choices of course…” he added hesitantly, praying no broken up couples ended up as a couple in the play. He had never read about A Midnight Summer’s Dream if he was being completely honest so he was just hoping it wasnt romance-y.

@Ella

Kenzie Amstel
She knew a lot about the ‘strange and weird things’ that have happened, but only from the Gossip Girl. Normally, she wouldn’t believe gossip and she wouldn’t read about other people’s business. But there was something about Gossip Girl that made her want to continue reading it. Maybe it was because it made her feel more connected to everyone, by knowing things that had happened with them. But she didn’t want to bring up Gossip Girl in this conversation, so she just nodded in agreement at his statement. “I think there will be… a lot of drama about the casting. Everyone wants only the best.” She said, thinking about all the arguments she will have to listen to about who’s getting what role and who deserves it more, when she goes to the audition.

OOC:

“Oooh… yes, that’ll be a fun day…” he chuckled half-heartedly. “I feel bad for the casting directors who are gonna have such a fun time hearing people bicker about how they wanted or deserved this or that,” Jasper stated, feeling a twinge of pity and awkwardness for them. “You think they’ll get bribed? Oh, that would be a great headliner for GG… “Student Caught Bribing Director for Lead Role!” A real show stopper,” he joked dryly, the mere mention of Gossip Girl living a bitter taste in his mouth.

@Ella

Kenzie Amstel
“I think the casting directors would live for those arguments, it’s like watching a reality TV show in real life.” She replied, raising her eyebrows in expression. Then suddenly, she leaned over. “Shh!” She said, and she looked around, pretending to see if anyone was listening in on the conversation, and then joked, “Don’t give away my idea!” She said this in an exaggerated way, referring to the idea of bribing director for main role, and it could easily be detected as a joke.

OOC:

OOC

omg i forgot i used to do this - gonna bring this back so don’t be confused when u see random pictures linked on my posts :smiley:

Maximus McNamara

Slipping the phone back into his pocket, Max glanced over at her. It seemed the talk about the play had sparked an interest in the girl. As she flicked through her phone, Max glanced over in curiosity, before being invited to look over at the screen of it as she revealed a history of acting in various shows throughout her childhood, including as mouse number three sometime in her earlier years. Max couldn’t help smiling at the little girl in the image who was meant to resemble present-day Elizabeth. “I can see the resemblance,” he spoke, glancing up at her as he said that, almost as though comparing the identities of the person on the picture with the real her. She’d shown him some of the other pictures from the plays she’d participated in, and he had nodded along, feeling somewhat impressed with her commitment to the art. Looking through the images reminded Max of the remnants of memories held within the photo album on the third shelf of the library in the McNamara Estate: the ones of him and his sister with their mum at the theatre.

“That’s impressive,” he spoke, his eyes lingering over the image. There must have been a hell of a lot of budget available for those shows, considering the illuminations hanging over a well-designed set that made it look like it had been held at a professional theatre. Luckily enough, Constance Billard had enough of a budget of its own to rival the grandiosity of those that Elizabeth had shown him. “We’re doing A Midsummer Night’s Dream,” Max explained, handing the phone back towards her. “I suppose I’ll be seeing you at the auditions then?” the McNamara continued as he brushed the sleeve of his denim jacket down to reveal Tag Heuer watch on his wrist to slip a glance at the time. It was nearing lunch-time, and if Max wasn’t mistaken, that meant the auditions would already be lingering on the minds of those involved, considering they were practically fifty or so minutes away.

Maybe not, I just remembered I’ve got something coming up,” the senior spoke as he suddenly remembered, “I’m sure you’ll pass the auditions with flying colours anyway.” He paused, trying to think back to who it would be on the judging panel: it had slipped his mind since he’d last seen it on the bulletin board in the hallway — if he had paid attention to it at all. “All I can say is, good luck,” he chuckled, “did you manage to see who’s judging?”

@Beth_Episode (Elizabeth Telldorn) – no worries! And just to confirm so I can update the FCs if needed, haha is it two 'l’s or one ‘l’ in her surname?

~Alia Woods~

When the bell rung, Alia carefully placed each of her books in her bag before exiting the classroom. All right, let’s go, she thought as she made her way to her to her next class. As she sat down, she overheard that the sophomore teacher is on sick leave, and that some of the sophomores might join either the juniors and the seniors in their classes. Sophomores in the junior class, huh? Alia thought as she glanced around. This will definitely be interesting. She takes out her book from her bag and begins to read.

ORP: Approachable. I’ll post for my other characters later :slight_smile:

Gossip Girl | RP | Sign-Ups & Discussion
Gossip Girl | RP | Sign-Ups & Discussion