Got a problem letting reader choose name

I’m ready to publish my first 3 episodes of my story, however when I previewed the first episode where the reader can change their name it just skips the entire script completely and goes straight to customizing the character. Here’s what script I’m using…
NARRATOR
So… What’s your name?

label first_name_input

input What’s Your First Name?|What’s Your First Name?|Done(FIRSTNAME)

if (FIRSTNAME is “”){

NARRATOR

You do need a name…

goto first_name_input

} else {
continue
}
It tells me I have no errors with my script so I’m stuck for what to do next… :joy:

Your script should look like this! Try spacing “done” and “firstname”

1 Like

Thank you so much!! It’s working now, I weren’t quite sure what was wrong with it in the end…
Thanks for the fast reply :joy:

You’re welcome!

Hey @Rahdia, I cant find out how this works. I tried typing your dialoge but it wont work and I have the exact same problem as Servitude… Hope you can help me with this struggle. This is what I have:

Summary

I also tried it with the actual name of my character, this wont work either… I don’t have any errors.

Hope you can help me! Thanks in advance.

Hi okay so everything you have is correct but it should look like this: you’re just missing parenthesis after done

1 Like

I hope this helps. I’m always here to help

1 Like

Thanks so much for your fast reply! I don’t think they are missing, look:

If that’s what you were talking about. So, can you perhaps copy and paste your dialogue into your message than I can copy and paste it from you :slight_smile: would be very nice.

1 Like

Do you test it on the app instead? It should work on the app but on the Web Previewer, it won’t allow you to type in a name and automatically picks one (ex. Auto Bot)

1 Like

Omg Im going to test it right now, if that’s the case I feel so stupid…

@Yente Yes test it out in the app first. If there is still a problem I can paste the dialouge for you

1 Like

Thanks I will do that, also thank you @JemU776 I just checked it and it works now, thanks for helping me out :slight_smile: this topic can be closed now @Sydney_H

3 Likes

Closed by OP request. :smiley: