Growing Up With Really Strict Parents (memes, scenarios, stories, and more!)

This is kind of like the Growing Up Black thread but its for all race families

I’m sure a lot of people here have a lot of strict parents like me so tell me some scenarios or stories that happen with them that people with careless parents don’t have to deal with.

For me, if I talk back once I get popped in the mouth. If I get attitude in the store my parents are NOT AFRAID to drag me by the ear even if I’m 13. :expressionless: It’s embarrassing so I know NOT to do it! And a lot of times when I want to do something they automatically say no! Or I can barely roam anywhere around in my neighborhood. The strict parents are the worst yet the best.

Also if you have any strict parent memes, COMMENT DOWN BELOW!

@AMagic @Chocolate_Mama
@Chocolate_Obama @Liam
@God @lanafrazer_episode
@Mya1357 @anon48422657

14 Likes

When I said something to my mom and I know I am right about something, she disagree with me.

Like just now, she put on something on the stove to heat up, I was getting a piece of cake, and went to my bed, thinking that she turned off the stove.

When I woke up, got ready for school, she told me that the stove was still one when we were sleeping, and the house could have explode, AND I THOUGHT SHE TURN THE DAMN STOVE OFF, BUT SHE DIDNT.

Not my fault…

5 Likes

12 Likes

Ah yes, have to love when they can’t handle when you are right. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

hHONESLTY.

3 Likes

Oh my gosh yes SO TRUE

2 Likes

Or when everyone my age is going to something big and like everyone is talking about going to it and then my parents say, “You’re not going!!!” and I ask why and they only say, “COS I SAID SO!”

5 Likes

ARGH YES
And when your friends make plans last minute,
but you can’t go because it takes a week just to convince your parents to let you go anywhere :tired_face:

5 Likes

Right! While their parents are like, “Sure go ahead” and like two years later I’m still begging, “MOM PLEASE LET ME GO!!!” :sob:

4 Likes

OMFG

I remember one time when my mom was taking a nap, and I needed to wake her up. I remembered last time I tried to wake her by tapping her she said she would slap the life out of me, so this time I just called her name and she was pissed at ME cause I was yelling her name, cause she’s such a heavy sleeper, but when i told her what she said to me last time i tapped her she was like “no i didn’t” and i was like “but you did” and we had a whole argument over it :eyes:

4 Likes

Right?! It’s so annoying, but you can’t argue or backchat them or your in big trouble :sob:

1 Like

Oh man that sucks, my mum gets really mad when I wake her up too !!
[I’d honestly wake a hibernating bear then my mum any day]

2 Likes

Just putting this picture here because I relate to this on so many levels,
my dad lectures me like 10 times a day,
I can’t even say the most innocent thing without getting a lecture —

8 Likes

Ugh I hate that!!!

Or like when I’m rushing around the house because I’m making us late she is allowed to yell and scream at me but when SHE’S THE ONE CAUSING US TO BE LATE I GET SLAPPED IF I COMPLAIN! :sob:

4 Likes

mhm

1 Like

Main chores that everyone hate when growing up black is …WASHING DISHES!!!

3 Likes

YESSS —
I always ask my mum if we can get a dishwasher and she’s always like
“What do you mean?? We have a dishwasher… YOU!! Now shut up and be grateful.”

2 Likes

Oh my gosh!! YES!!!
Seriously though I am made to do the dishes cos we dont have dishwasher and thats exactly what she says!!! “We already have a dishwasher, we got you!!! NOW DO IT!”

2 Likes

Or when I say, “FINE” she yells at me and glares at me to say, “YOU SAY YES MA’AM” and I am like, “Yes ma’am…” :sob:

1 Like

It really do be like that :sob: :sob:

1 Like