Guys of Episode!

Any guys that play Episode here? Do people know you play Episode? What do they think? To everyone else, do you know any males that play Episode? What do you think about guys that play Episode or apps similar to Episode? As a guy I feel self-conscious of playing Episode in the public and never told anyone that I play Episode, and feel like I might get judged for playing it. To an outside perspective or someone seeing Episode on the app store, they might consider it like a dating app when there are tons of genres not just romance. I even feel self-conscious posting this, I’ve probably retyped this topic about 3 times now, but finally have the courage because of my curiosity. What are your thoughts?

22 Likes

I have a guy friend in the community and he writes stories! :heart:

3 Likes

Episode is for guys too! I get a lot of messages from males who said they’re reading my stories so it’s nothing to be embarrassed about :two_hearts:

8 Likes

I’m not a guy but I understand how they can feel self conscious. And about how I feel ab guys playing episode idc I do me and they do them lol. Nothings wrong with reading animated stories.
this self conscious thing is made from ppl who cant stand other ppl with an opinion.

7 Likes

Yh I’m a guy and I do feel self conscious sometimes

5 Likes

I know some guys who play episode (one of my favourite male youtubers played episode) and it’s nothing to be embarrassed about! Welcome to the community, and I don’t care if males play the app, everyone is welcomed, and you shouldn’t be self conscious for playing something that you like. I hope your self consciousness about this gets better, and I probably sound biased, but if i wasn’t a writer, and knew that you played episode, I wouldn’t judge you. :)) ^^

3 Likes

@Problematic_Patrick

1 Like

Hello @Allen143, this is Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forum! :smiley:

I’ve moved this thread to Episode Fan Community since this is discussing the community. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you for all your thoughts and replies everyone! I feel a lot better about this. :smile:

3 Likes

Honestly, I am a woman and have felt this way ahaha… I get shy about it for fear of judgement. I told my boyfriend and he was so shocked at first, because he had seen all the… (cursed) ads for the app. I had to go into this whole detailed explanation that NOT ALL STORIES ON EPISODE ARE SOFT P*RN. Now, he proof reads my chapters as I write them.
My thoughts on guys using episode? REFRESHING. RALLY, Y’ALL! Offer diverse perspectives and stories! Some of my favourite stories are written by male authors. So, I say welcome, and join in wholeheartedly.

4 Likes

There is nothing to be self-conscious about, if you like it that’s all that matters.

2 Likes

I totally get it! I’ve seen ads of this app and thought to myself this might give off the wrong idea to people just now seeing an ad of what this app is about and not knowing it’s not just about kissing and romance. :laughing:

2 Likes

Hey! Fellow guy here. I’ve definitely felt kinda embarrassed that I’m on the Episode app and forums, so I haven’t really shared that with my friends or anything. But especially lately, I’ve been spending a lot of time on the forums since I can’t hang out with my friends in lockdown.

But yeah, there’s so much more to Episode than just cringey love stories! It really is a creative outlet for a lot of amazing people, and the forums here have been a great community! I guess I’m just awfully self-conscious about these kinds of things too :grimacing::joy:

11 Likes

Who here isn’t a guy :skull:

1 Like

Me :skull: I’ve just been reading the thread. I feel as if I don’t need to reply

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: I’m sorry i find it funny when you said episode as a dating app that’s hilarious!!

Back to on serious noted you shouldn’t feel self-conscious for playing episode just because you’re a guy or even writing on episode this app isn’t based on gender anymore can go on the app and if anyone judges a guy going on the app then they don’t understand and their very judgmental person. And very ignorant too

You shouldn’t let people judgement stop you playing from the app. I can understand that your self-conscious about it and people giving weird looks- YOU KNOW WHAT I SAY IGNORE THEM DO WHATEVER YOU WANT!! Be proud of playing or writing episode because it’s cool lol i been self-conscious playing the app myself when i first started and I’m girl. But don’t the outsiders get too you.:smiley:

Be yourself you got this and some people might find the app interesting if you explain to some outsiders or friends-- my cousin and aunt know I play the app.

2 Likes

I mean, no joke, there are a lot of females on the Episode app and the Forums. I am a male, but I still LOVE Episode!

6 Likes

Everyone in here

Just be yourself :slightly_smiling_face:
If someone judges you without knowing the context or what they’re even judging you for.
Or if it’s for absolutely nothing
They’re being toxic.
If you all love this game go ahead and play it :slightly_smiling_face:
You all should feel proud that you found something you like and not ashamed because of others pushing you away.
I hope this wasn’t rude and hope this helps

also of I saw anyone playing Episode I’d strike a conversation with them no judging allowed here🙂

8 Likes

No offense taken by any of the comments at all! They have all been interesting responses and I love seeing everyone’s perspective on this. :smile::+1:

1 Like

I don’t like how society thinks guys can’t do certain things because they are “feminine”. It’s honestly ridiculous and every should be able to do want they want as long as it’s not harming anyone. (:

4 Likes