Had an idea for a story - wondering if it's possible with the current guidelines?

I was thinking about writing a story about a single parent and their kid (who’s around 9/8?) who shows up at their doorstep, claiming he’s there’s (the child will be male, and the MC might be male or female). It’ll be a heartwarming comedy about someone jumping into parenthood all of a sudden, but I’m wondering with guidelines if this is even possible? Can a MC be a child, and on a cover of a story?

2 Likes

Does this help? :slight_smile:

Here are the full cover guidelines

2 Likes

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

MC can’t be under 12 or 13 years old and children can’t be the focus on a cover.

MC can definitely be a child within the story, but they cannot be the focal point of the cover which sucks but that’s the way it is.

I consulted the team awhile back about a 9 year old character amongst several adults (because they were all main characters) for a cover and they told me it’d be safest to remove the child entirely even though she wasn’t the focus of the overall cover.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.