HAIR : Black cultural hair styles

I have mixed characters, characters from the Latin and Hispanic community, i’d Be nice to get hair that’ll help make it look more or resemble how most look irl.

4 Likes

Support, I think we need all sorts of new hairstyles and features for a wider range of diversity and this would be a step forward. Also fun fact I saw a couple people mentioning tangled hair, there’s an old english word that means tangled hair. Elfock, it means your hair is tangled like little elves messing it up. I thought it was a sweet word… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey guys!

I decided to open this thread because I would like to see more cultural clothing, jewelry and hair. I’m not trying to throw shade at the Episode staff, but I feel extremely sad to be creating African and black characters and remember that there are only two braided hairstyles. There is a whole world of cultural hairstyles out there! I feel that more diverse options in the Portal are necessary.

I plan on creating a separate thread on cultural clothes and jewelry, but for now I’ll settle for hair.

_I AM AWARE THAT THERE IS A SIMILAR THREAD UP HERE: HAIR : Black cultural hair styles

Here are some examples of hairstyles:
boxbraids senegalesehair boxbraidswithhair womanwithbraidedponytail fulaniwomanwithbraidsafricanhairstyle africanahairstyle

And here are some examples of headscarfs/durags:

girlwithdorag womanwearingheadscarf2womanandgirlheadscarfs womanwithheadscarf womanwearingheadscarf

I encourage my fellow authors to open threads on clothing and items they would like to see from different cultures. If you agree with me, please like this.

There is no shame in black beauty. -Lupita Nyong’o

P.S I would also like to see finger waves, edges on hairstyles, different textured afros (e.g 4b, 4c, 4a, the whole shizzle), and gradient braids (e.g black at the start of braids, red towards the bottom)

P.P.S I would like to say quickly that “black” refers to people of color, which includes but is not limited to Mexicans, Hispanics, etc. (please don’t fight me in the comments)

What would you like to see in terms of diversity on Episode?

• Cultural hairstyles and headscarfs
  • More black hairstyles
  • Cultural clothing
  • Cultural jewelry
  • Cultural dancing animations
  • Diverse body types (lips, skin color, facial structures, etc. body weight)
  • I’d like to see something else… (comment below what it is!)
0 voters
8 Likes

There is already a suggestions thread about that here: HAIR : Black cultural hair styles
If you want to support it. But you can check if anyone’s made a jewellery one :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I have visited that thread. I’m asking for more headscarves to be implemented as well.

Ohh okay, I just wanted to check because I know some similar threads get combined and wanted to let you know.

1 Like

What a great idea! 200% support. :+1:

1 Like

Then you need to create a separate thread for that unless it is considered a “black cultural hair style”. If it is then this is the correct thread for that request.

2 Likes

I changed the title a bit, is it possible that the thread can be reopened?

1 Like

Unfortunately we cannot open a thread that has been merged but feel free to create a new thread with your request if it has nothing to do with black cultural hair styles.

2 Likes

A more intresting alternative to saying bump
Oh and imagine an afro version of the wavy ombre o.o

12 Likes

support

3 Likes

Support!!

3 Likes

.Bump

5 Likes

Bump

3 Likes