HAIR : Black cultural hair styles

I know that last year you guys have us a few natural hair styles and headwarps and “urban clothes”. But it would also be cool if there were more cultural clothes and hair styles.

For this post I am only going to speak on the hair.
There is a a doable range of black hair styles but more won’t hurt and would be appreciated and used A LOT!

Some that you should add are…cornrows for the females (limelight)
Afro puffs/space buns (ink and limelight) (male and female)
Long afro textured hair (ink and lightlight) (male and female)
Flattering dreads/middle part longer dreads (female)
Styled dreads (bun , shaved , pony tails, braided) (male and female)
Short curly hair (female and male)
Finger waves.
box braids hanging down parted in the middle,
twists
Thinner dreads(limelight)
cornrows(limelight )
very long dreads (limelight &ink) (f&m)
afro mohawk for ink(f&m) (similar to limelights)
curly hair updo (limelight &ink)
Curly hair pony tail. (LL & ink) (f&m)
Afro pony tail /puff`(LL & INK) (f&m)

I shared some pictures for inspiration.
Hopefully you guys genuinely take this into consideration♡

!

Screenshot_20180302-003513|454x500!

Screenshot_20180302-001804|561x500!

Screenshot_20180302-003026|383x500!

Screenshot_20180302-003834|520x500

540dda66865a70289b1914231c628169

4d03a015503c220b40be4bf38a47bf3d--natural-hair-care-natural-hair-styles

freetress-equal-drawstring-ponytail-natural-fro-f6f

242 Likes

Support! Love your recommendations!

11 Likes

Support!

6 Likes

Would definetly use number 3 in a cc story( and 1)

4 Likes

This is a good idea, I’d like to see more new hairstyles for Episode! :smiley:

6 Likes

Support!!!
I think this is very needed

5 Likes

Support!!!
This is a brilliant idea

7 Likes

That is true :frowning: especially for CC story.

6 Likes

Support! I’d love to see my character Sol in afro puffs :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Support!

5 Likes

I thought about that also. But I think it’s worth it.

3 Likes

Dreads don’t belong to black culture , they are actually from Indian culture. Also for Afros mostly black peoples have them but I’ve seen natural white people with Afros. One blonde kid in my science class has a curly Afro.

6 Likes

I would honestly love this because I have an African character in most of my stories and I would love for her to have bantu knots

13 Likes

The only time you could’ve seen a white person with an afro is either them with a wig, some kind of perm, or they have frizzy CURLY hair. You have never seen a white person with type 4 hair.

People say dreads came from all places… but really ,from what I know. Black people are the main people who embraced them.
Black people have a long history with locks and the fact that you are trying to unvalid it is tragic. They are apart of black culture.
Nothing will change that.

29 Likes

Oh my gosh, support! I especially like the idea of a new limelight Afro - the current one just doesn’t do it for me.

12 Likes

Same. I’m still not sure what they were thinking🙄

8 Likes

Don’t come on my posts , spread negativity and expect me to be okay with it. I see you posting all around the forums, being racist and ignorant. So the fact that you have the audacity to call someone “ignorant” blows my mind lmao.
Like I said. Locks are apart of black culture, we’ve embrraced them,we also got suspended from schools,fired from our jobs and discriminated against for them. We stood by them. They belong to our culture. They are apart of a lot of us. Now mind your business. :grin::fu:t5::v:t5:

28 Likes

This thread is no place to have arguments, especially since you’re victim blaming the black population for being discriminated against on a feature request for black cultural hairstyles. I’ve sent you a private message regarding the falsehoods you mentioned and are adhering to in your comments. I would appreciate if you read my message and thought about my words because you seem to be pretty ignorant, and I feel obligated to educate you on these issues.

25 Likes

Feel free to flag any post or thread that you feel violates the forum rules/guidelines. Thanks.

1 Like

Support! This sounds like a great idea.

4 Likes