HAIR: Box Braids

I have a character who would look amazing in Box braids!

Examples

We had them in Ink, but I guess episode is more focused on white/straight hairstyles for limelight, judging by the ratio of black to white hairstyles :woman_shrugging:t2:

35 Likes

I think you can use Dara AMarie’s customization template with both limelight and ink. That way you can have it like that yourself in the previews and then your readers can choose them too. Or you could just use the customization template and give no other options other than that hairstyle. Honestly, those are the only solutions I can think of but I understand if this isn’t what you had in mind.

4 Likes

Limelight doesn’t have box braids right now, neither for costumization, nothing.

3 Likes

I love box braids so i totally support this. I dont really like the braids we already have :sob:

4 Likes

Ya. It’s not really acceptable that it isn’t a ready made option. If you are writing a story and just want to give the option to readers then you can use this link to a template https://www.dara-amarie.com/limelight-cc-ink-colors which gives the option of INK hair but in limelight. It shouldn’t have to make do but this is the reality although I think that I saw the option in limelight before so maybe try to look through everything again but that might have been in INK.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry but I just realised that i think the template only let’s you use INK colours and the actual hairstyles so it was not that helpful.

2 Likes

Support! I don’t really like the braids they have now…

2 Likes

Thanks anyway :blush:

1 Like

Support!

My MC is only limited to like 3 braided hairstyles. :sob:

3 Likes

support!!

1 Like

I know what youre saying but most LL hairstyles are eurocentric. In a way they are white hairstyles because most black people have coily/kinky hair. It is true that everyone can wear them but they are still what they are.

5 Likes

or you know Asian hairstyles?

1 Like

Asian hairstyles are typically thick and straight. I know that sometimes they perm their hair for some curls. Which is kinda a cute wave. But some have naturally wavy hair. I love korean culture :kr: so I know a smidge. :ok_hand:t4:

1 Like

SUPPORT! The ones we have really do suck tho :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

We lack Asian hairstyles too. In East Asia, they like to wear bangs a lot, mostly side bangs, search up “popular asian girl hairstyles” and A LOT of them have bangs, in countries like Japan and South Korea, the girl fashion trend is cute, yet we only have like 2 cute hairstyles and 1 hairstyle with side bangs. Not to mention we have one pair of monolids eyes for males. O N E P A I R, and not a single cultural East Asian outfit, the only Asian outfits we got are the Sari pairs and ONE Bindu. And speaking of hairstyles, where are the traditional hairstyles they wore in the ancient times? We have the Pinup Victory Rolls hair, which were popular during WW2 and the 40’s-50’s, yet we don’t have older Asian hairstyles. Not to mention that we lack modest clothes, which are needed for Muslim/Middle Eastern characters.

4 Likes

Support! :blob_sun:

Aye, support!

2 Likes

Support!

1 Like

I am going to support this 100%.
Nothing is better to make your episode characters look like yourself on :pizza:

3 Likes

Support!!! :star_struck:

1 Like