HAIR/CLOTHING: African and Black Cultural Styles & Headscarves

Hey guys!

I decided to open this thread because I would like to see more cultural clothing, jewelry and hair. I’m not trying to throw shade at the Episode staff, but I feel extremely sad to be creating African and black characters and remember that there are only two braided hairstyles. There is a whole world of cultural hairstyles out there! I feel that more diverse options in the Portal are necessary.

I plan on creating a separate thread on cultural clothes and jewelry, but for now I’ll settle for hair.

I AM AWARE THAT THERE IS A SIMILAR THREAD UP HERE: HAIR : Black cultural hair styles

Here are some examples of hairstyles:
boxbraids senegalesehair boxbraidswithhair womanwithbraidedponytail fulaniwomanwithbraidsafricanhairstyle africanahairstyle

And here are some examples of headscarfs/durags:

girlwithdorag womanwearingheadscarf2womanandgirlheadscarfs womanwithheadscarf womanwearingheadscarf

I encourage my fellow authors to open threads on clothing and items they would like to see from different cultures. If you agree with me, please like this.

There is no shame in black beauty. -Lupita Nyong’o

P.S I would also like to see finger waves, edges on hairstyles, different textured afros (e.g 4b, 4c, 4a, the whole shizzle), and gradient braids (e.g black at the start of braids, red towards the bottom)

P.P.S I would like to say quickly that “black” refers to people of color, which includes but is not limited to Mexicans, Hispanics, etc. (please don’t fight me in the comments)

What would you like to see in terms of diversity on Episode?

• Cultural hairstyles and headscarfs
  • More black hairstyles
  • Cultural clothing
  • Cultural jewelry
  • Cultural dancing animations
  • Diverse body types (lips, skin color, facial structures, etc. body weight)
  • I’d like to see something else… (comment below what it is!)

0 voters

7 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: HAIR : Black cultural hair styles