HAIR: Diversity In Limelight (Asian,Native, African,Hispanic,etc)

By the way, the half updo was popularised in the 1960s by a French star. I have no idea where the hairstyle originated but that is a start to a new search.

1 Like

But what I meant to say is that Hispanic are not really different to other Caucasians… I was just looking at the sample pictures and it’s no different than my hair or the hair of my closest friends and family…

I understand. I know there can also be a Caucasian person with afro hair texture (smooth but excessively curly), but that is not this post. What I mean is, not the texture. The different styles of the hair only originating from different countries. If the same girl with the afro texture of hair is from Sweden but is wearing a “Greek-knot” bun, the bun is not Swedish. The shape and style of the bun would be from Ancient Greece. A lot of people where that particular bun without even knowing how it originated. The example was to show that the post is not about the texture, many of us wear it daily, but where does a hairstyle originate? That is what the post is. The Mayan traditional hairstyle is not an African traditional hairstyle. Not all Africans are dark in the skin or have afros either. Not texture, style.

2 Likes

Yes but from the pictures provided here it looks nothing different from any other country. … I mean the Hispanic hair is basically the hair everybody wears… You even have these Hispanic haircuts on episode

That’s my point. Women style their hair in the Greek-knot bun for weddings all the time and all over the world, but the Greek-knot bun did not originate all of the world. It originated in Greece, Ancient Greece. The texture is not the post, the style in which the hair was designed to be and It’s origin country is the post.

Did you read all the way through and understand it? I’m genuinely asking, not trying to be a douch but I’m trying to help out on where you are stuck. If I’m typing to long and it’s confusing, I sincerely apologize.

2 Likes

Support!

2 Likes

God I did read it … but what fucking hair style did fucking Spainish people and/ or South Americans make? It looks like loose hair for god’s sake …

They have created many hair styles, not just “wavy ones.” Those are just examples. Maybe do your own research in the hairstyles they have created?

support!

1 Like

Maybe they created some of the female haircuts … But I’m talkign about most mail haircuts … Excluding the superlong asian haircut and the arabic guy wearing a turban (or whatever it’s called)

But if you look at this …

This picture you posted …

Asian guy 1 - Everybody’s got that haircut nowadays, I’m pretty sure that started in America and has nothing to do with Asian culture , Infact asian culture stated asian were wearing their hair long and nobody (not even males) was cutting it becuase it would be like cutting off a body part and cutting off your hair was the same thing to dying in their eyes .

Asian guy 2 - Long hair … Yeah seems legit.

Asian guy 3 - I’m pretty sure this is Justin Bieber hair … How is that haircut asian? Apart from the fact an asian is wearing it nothing about it says asian … It would be a Justin Bieber harcut if it were a white dude wearing it and people wouldn’t say “He’s wearing an asian haircut” or “He’s robbing Asians of their culture”

Hispanic guy 1 - It’s just shoulder lenght hair for men … We have that in episode already (It look exactly like the haircut in limelight called “vavy long” but a little shorter version of that …)

Hispanic guy 2 - That is literally the curly mohawk haircut from limelight version of episode stories

Hispanic guy 3 - That’s the most generic looking haircut I’ve ever seen in my life and it didn’t originate in Spain or ANY of the South American Countries that exsist now or don’t anymore.

Arabiac/Indian guy 1 - Yeah we need turbans (or whatever it’s called, sorry I don’t know)

Arabic/Indian guy 2 - Again this haircut didn’t originate in India.

Arabic/Indian guy 3 - Well this haircut was popular in Indian cinema over the last few decades I’ll give you that … But it was seen anywhere during that time … I’m pretty sure this haircut in Indian cinema was copied from other people … Btw we do need a haircut like this becuase we don’t have one …

That’s what I meant …

2 Likes

Relax. I get that you don’t understand, but please no arguing on the post. I tried the best I could to explain but I understand that my replies were no clear.

All I have left to say is the researched I have is the reason I posted these hairstyles particularly. Yes, there are hairstyles and trends that everyone in the world uses, but as I have stated, the hairstyle itself originated and is popular in certain places. Some are ancient but renewed in a modern time. I wouldn’t want to post anything that would offend or cause an issue of any kind. Episode has enough of that, especially with the art stuff going on. I’d rather people simply smile and have a wonderful day. I did the best I could. I apologize if I couldn’t explain well.

2 Likes

First of all I wasn’t arguing. If you pictured my last post as me fastly pressing on the keyboard with fury, well then that’s your problem.

Secondly, Most of these haircuts didn’t originate in that place. Like lose male hair didn’t originate in Spain, a faded haircut might have but I doubt it, and that hair with 3 stripes didn’t originate in Japan just because an Asian is wearing it on the photo doesn’t mean it originated here… And the 3rd Asian haircut is only now becoming popular in Asia while it was on America since the beginning of the millennial or even before that. And I could talk a ton about the others but I know you won’t even read those and think about it just continue saying I don’t understand while you don’t even read through my essay.

I support but I hope people won’t add it to characters for the sake of diversity. Or are going to overuse it for no reason at all

3 Likes

I hope so to. Otherwise, what would be the point of suggesting it, right? It should be for everyone and not simply something only one group wears.

3 Likes

Yes, you are right to an extent but, surprisingly, there are some haircuts, a particular way the hair is cut, that does only originate in certain places. You and I know not every haircut is the same. The style of a bun originating in America can be different than the style of a bun originating in Egypt, especially ancient Egypt and ancient America. It’s different, although they are still buns. There are certain “similar” overall hairstyles, but there will always be different people in their countries changing the game of the beautician industry with a particular styles of a haircut first born in France, Nigeria, India, Brazil, Canada and there all very different. Because of sailing or flying around, the style ended up so popular that people around the world uses them and have no idea where the new style had come from. I’m requesting, rather the hairstyle be ancient or a new trend, it would be nice if every country had something that originated by them that everyone can use. They could also know where the style started, especially when there are hairstyles that literally have their origin country in their name. It has to be a few styles everyone could use so as to be inclusive and not stereotypical or discriminatory. Everyone should enjoy it.

Also, it’s hard to tell that you aren’t when you are cursing at me and the tone of your writing sounds as if you are upset. I don’t believe you are fastly pressing on the keyboard because your grammar is good and readable, unlike me when I’m upset :laughing:. When I read your comment with the curse words, I simply didn’t want anything to happen to the post and I don’t want anyone confronting anybody on any of my posts either. There is just too much going on, too much drama already. There is no point to it, right? All back and forth without moving forward. I simply want people to smile, that’s all.

2 Likes

Please, if you have any further comments or questions about any of my post, may you privately message me instead of commenting here? That way I may answer whatever you need to know.

1 Like

Oh really? In that case enlighten me with evdence … (I know this sounds like sarcasm and mockery but I really do want to know)

Okay. I guess. I will talk about hair braids. Braid have been dated back to 3500 BC in Africa. Further down the line many people have spun their own twists if the style of braid, made them tradition to wear for special occasions. Some Asian countries: Japanese, Korean, Indian, Chinese, Thai, so on have included braids into their hair buns. There is even such thing as the Chinese Ladder braids and the Queue braid that are in the INK art style on Episode. The INK “wings bun” wasn’t the only design. Mongolia has the wing hairstyle where they braided their hair to look like gigantic wings and embellished the hair in hair pieces and jewels. This is commonly known, but the man bun was born from China and was modernized, the double-bun is too (niújiǎotóu). JP Odango too. Hmm… those aren’t braids but buns. Greek-knot bun again, Greek Goddess bun with braids…

Outside of the Asian regions, there are other braids. Everyone should know what the French braids is. To be honest, not even the French braid is from France. It’s actually over 6,000 years old found on Celtic warriors and woman, Greek territories and statue. It was also found in a few other places originating north of Africa. It was adopted by France around the late 1800s. There is the Dutch Flower braids. Cornrows, of course, people know this hairstyle, 3000 bc Africa. Ghana Braids, also known as fishbones, same country in 500 bc? I think?

They may all be worn by many people almost every day on the daily or during traditional events. The beauty of my post is to let it be known. Gather particular, iconic, ancient and current day hairstyles that changed the game and the new style or old style originated somewhere, something new, that up-lifts everyone in the episode community. We asked and crave for diversity so why not let this be one of them. Right?

Besides, I made this post last year, 2018, in March. Episode has finally come out with a few things after that, so I haven’t really been thinking about this post too much. I’ve been focusing on other stuff like the acting college and my stories. Sorry to type so much.

3 Likes

I forgot the Mayan braids and such but I have already typed too much.

3 Likes

bumpin

1 Like