HAIR: More & Better Afro-textured hairstyles for males 🌻

This is something that has been on my mind for quite some time, and I’m not sure why it took me so long to make this feature request, but it’s here now.

We need better afro-textured hairstyles for the male body shape.
Here are my issues with the current options:

1. Variety

There are currently 61 hairstyles for the male body shape.
12 of those are afro-textured – braids, twists, dreads, afros, etc.
Out of that 12: 2 are completely unusable, and if they are used, it’s usually on a parody character with an intentionally odd appearance.
And 3 other hairstyles are just a shorter/longer variation of an already existing hairstyle.

This means that currently, there are only 7 different “usable” hairstyles in-portal for afro-textured male-identifying characters. This is absurd to me, considering there are over 60 hairstyles at this point.

2. Lack of Quality

Now, when we look at these small number of hairstyles, there is something strikingly different in terms of the image quality of, and curl definition.

An example –

Summary

If you think this comparison is unfair in terms of when each hairstyle was produced, let’s have a look at more recent afro-textured hair vs. a more recent looser hairstyle:

Summary

As you can see, this is a consistent problem and it is clear the art team is struggling with producing quality hairstyles for black men. This could be for a number of reasons, some I don’t want to speculate about on this thread, please just hire black artists.

3. Suggestions

Now, finally. My suggestions! There are many afro-textured hairstyles Episode can look into recreating, many of which they have already done which are in need of desperate revamping.

• Twists
  • Fade with twists
  • Waves
  • Taper cuts
  • Dreadlocks
  • Fade with high top curls
  • Cornrows
  • Variations in afros styles
  • Mohawk variations; mohawk + bun + fade, etc.

What hairstyles do you suggest?

25 Likes

Support!

1 Like

support! support! support! support! support! support!

2 Likes

Support!

1 Like

Support!!

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

Support. :barber:

2 Likes

Small Bump. :cherry: :sparkles:

3 Likes

I’m so thirsty for more afro textured hair, it’s not even funny.

4 Likes

Support!!

suppp

Support!!!

I honestly lost hope we’ll ever get them tbh.

Support!

Bump and support!

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: :thinking: well we finally got them

Support!!

Bump!!! :+1:

Bump and Support!! :revolving_hearts:

Bumping up the thread!