HAIR: New Afro, and twists styles for LL Men

The ones that are there are now are really uneven looking and not shaped like how people with natural hair shape their hair. (Same goes for the ink afros too tbh.)
Generally black hair styles are very gender neutral. There doesn’t need to be different versions for a lot of them.
But here are some examples of what male afros look like:

afro%208

Please take note of the shapes, the different hair textures, how most of these have intentional bangs, even if it’s just a slight bang like the last one.
When we do out hair the shape is a very important aspect. We don’t wake up with puffed afros after laying down all night. But generally it’s about having an circular symmetrical shape or a heart shape with volume. Bangs don’t need to be symmetrical but the outer part does.
Also all of the hairstyles above could double for women’s hair too. Like I said, our hairstyles are almost always gender neutral. I can’t think of a hair style that isn’t tbh.
The only difference is that bangs are usually more popular than non bangs with women. But with guys it’s literally either way.

31 Likes

I definitely support this. A lot of the twist and Afro hairstyles look somewhat odd.

9 Likes

Also generally I think episode needs more black people on staff to help with the black features and hair designs, etc. Because like this isn’t the first complaint about the stuff you guys have made for us. Please hire more black artists. You guys need them.

14 Likes

What a great idea! The only problem might possibly the coding.

2 Likes

agreed tbh

1 Like

I’m over here having to act like a 3a when in a 4b

4 Likes

same.

1 Like

Yeah no one uses the LL male afro because of how it’s shaped. It’s weird. Its gotta be a circle if it’s a fro or heart shaped if it’s just having your hair down

4 Likes

Support

1 Like

SUPPORT! :clap:t5:

2 Likes

Support

1 Like

Bump!

1 Like

bump + support

2 Likes

How would coding be an issue? It’d be just like when they add any other new styles.

2 Likes

Support!

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

We need more/better qauility black hair styles in both genders

2 Likes

more examples

PLEASE keep in mind the different shapes and textures above! Please stop giving us 3b maybe 3c hair and calling it a day. Most of us have 4C hair and there are hardly any styles for that.

4 Likes

I almost feel like giving up on the chance of getting more POC hairstyles.

SUPPORT!

or

BUMP!

whichever just

YESSS!

What does coding have to do with anything?