Hair thread /help!

Hi there! Anyone here has any experience when it comes to hair dye or hair care in genereal? I’ve been wanting to dye my hair pink lately (at home) I always dyed my hair alone but I never dyed it from the roots, and I have brown hair so bleaching is the scary part lol (its half brown half purple rn) can u give me some tips? pls? anything to reduce the damage, or even out the color since each side is different? should I wait a few days between bleaching it and dying it? how does a toner work and when to use it? Thats one thing where youtube videos dont help lol
thank u for anyone that helps!!

1 Like

Anyone? :disappointed:

i know some wait about two days. but i guess it depends on your hair.
i’m not an expert, i’ve never bleached my hair before but i have watched videos on youtube

1 Like

I know it’s going to be lots of money, but I’d recommend just getting it done by a professional.

1 Like

find the brand u wanna try and read what they say. what colour is ur hair? if ur dying it pink i reccomende to dye ur roots darker

1 Like

I’ve dyed my hair a ton of times, and pink is my favorite. Before we get into this, how dark is your hair now? What shade of pink do you want? What brand are you planning to use (I definitely prefer some over others)? How much money do you have available? Is getting it done professionally an option? That last one would be best because bleaching and dying hair that is two different colors is really, really tricky. If it’s not an option though, I can try to help. Just need a little more info!

1 Like

To answer a couple things: Yes, you should wait a few days between bleaching and dying. Really, especially if your hair is dark, you should be bleaching it over a few days (you’ll look weird for a bit, but it’s for the best! Your hair CAN fall out from a bad bleach job!). Toner is to remove the yellow/orange tint from bleached hair, and you’ll definitely want to use it between bleaching and coloring so you can get a true color, rather than it looking like a dull, dirty pinkish-yellow. You will also want to invest in a good color safe deep conditioner if you want to keep your hair from turning into straw.

Also, I highly, HIGHLY recommend using Ion Color Brilliance, if it’s available where you live (if you have a Sally’s Beauty Supply, you can find it there). It’s the best I’ve used; the color is long-lasting, it doesn’t bleed as much, and my hair is left in better condition than before I started (most of the time). Absolutely do not use Splat unless you plan on everything you own being dyed pink.

1 Like

Thank you all for your answers!

@Januva & @Gwen-Bruce half of my hair is a light purple (not from the roots) and the other half is dark brown, (with lighter ends but I will be cutting my hair)
The thing is I’m not against getting it done by a professional, but I can’t trust any hairdresser in my region to dye my hair pink, I considered getting it bleached by a professional but it’s two sessions where they don’t bleach the roots (for whatever reason? I know it may sound weird that no one in my region does pink hair, but going to the hairdresser here is simply having someone put boxed hair dye on your hair)
To answer your questions Gwen-Bruce, I want light pink, but not pastel (picture here) The only pink dye available here is Colorista, (which I used before on my hair, and liked the result, the only other thing I used was a purple pigment that I got from a Salon in France when I traveled there, so I can’t have one now, also no Sally’s Beauty Supply here either!)
I thought about having darker roots, but I’m scared I’ll mess up the bleach and end up with a straight line of pink :confused:

I think you should check out guy tang, preferably his older videos that consist of dying hair a bright colour. Now his videos aren’t tutorials but he goes in depth about how he does it and the process.

i’d say you probably need a toner for the purple. but im no expert

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.