HAIR: We Need More Braids and or more curly styles for LL

Ok, before we start, I just liked to say I’ve never made a feature thread before, so pls tell me if there’s something I did wrong before the thread gets flagged/ shut down. Also if you have anything that could be added.

We Need More Braids! While I’m making a character (She’s African-American), I was trying to find more braided or curlier hairstyles but it’s very limited. When I say “curlier,” I mean when you have your hair in a braid then you unloose it and it looks more natural and fizzy. Then those curly styles that look like you pressed it out.

Now I know ink is discontinued but these are the styles which I think, LL should have, that helps my point:

thumbnail_Hair_20586_8503f83b93fdc03c691299a2e6ad3b0d
thumbnail_Hair_20585_0d7cacceda367a2053c81ddf4144f64c
thumbnail_Hair_21023_7952bab48b8c901dc8e0dc1e7b3ebd02

Threads that help my Case immensely.

31 Likes

bump.

They said that they have stopped updating ink because their system doesn’t work with it anymore or something like that, so I don’t think this is a possibility.

1 Like

That’s ink though. All I’m asking for is for them, in comparison to ink, to add more braided and curly styles for limelight. Not to actually update ink.

2 Likes

Ohhh I understand. I thought you meant just for ink because you only showed ink hairstyles. I totally support this!

2 Likes

Thank you!! :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Bump!

Of COURSE I’m SUPPORTING THIS!!! :heart::clap:t5::heart:

2 Likes

Support!

2 Likes

Bump! We need more hairstyles with curly/kinky hair.

have curly hair and I can’t accurately customize myself. My episode avatar is what I looked like it eighth grade when I chopped my hair up to my shoulders and straightened it every other day :cold_sweat:

5 Likes

Support, I’ve seen some many topics/replies on this.

2 Likes

@CiCe @idiot.exe @Mutya_87 Thank you!

@gnoble22 :woman_facepalming:t4:, Yea we need new do’s immediately.

3 Likes

Big support!

As a curly haired girl myself, I tend to use different patterns for my characters and it’s upsetting how many straight and wavy (because remember kids, wavy ≠ curly) hairstyles there are compared to those with loose curls and coily patterns.

More styles! More updos! More braids, ponytails!

Seriously, my curly haired characters can’t put their hair up in a ponytail without it becoming wavy ;_;

4 Likes

Period. And I definitely agree with

3 Likes

Support.

2 Likes

Definitely support! I honestly suspect the lack of options (both Black curly/kinky hair and non-Black curly hair) is the factor behind features being appropriated so often? Another problem is sometimes curls will look looser than the volume of the style created would otherwise suggest. Non-Black people see a hair that’s “close enough” to their curls and slap it on their avatar not realizing what they’re doing. (Not to ignore the fact some non-Black people just don’t care which is, yikes and a topic for another day) If we had more options I believe it’d be minimized.

5 Likes

Tru that.

1 Like

You know what… I don’t know :confused:
Obviously, other than the huge amount of creators who just don’t care whether their POC actually looks like a POC or not, I feel like part of the blame is on the art release itself.

Like, I remember some time ago we got a nice “curly hair update”. I was so hyped for that until I found out half of the “curly” hair was just wavy.

I mean, this is some of the "curls" we have

It says “curls” or “curly” but they hardly look like it. I can perhaps excuse the Long Thick Curls although it looks more like a curling iron was used instead.

I feel like a lot of people just see “curl” and think it’s good representation for curly people or even worse a POC.

Oof anyway, in all this, I truly absolutely hope to see more variety in the future :pray:t2:

6 Likes

bump… we only have two actual long “curly” hairstyles

4 Likes

bump. We need more options.

2 Likes