HAIR: We Need More Braids and or more curly styles for LL

Support.

2 Likes

Definitely support! I honestly suspect the lack of options (both Black curly/kinky hair and non-Black curly hair) is the factor behind features being appropriated so often? Another problem is sometimes curls will look looser than the volume of the style created would otherwise suggest. Non-Black people see a hair that’s “close enough” to their curls and slap it on their avatar not realizing what they’re doing. (Not to ignore the fact some non-Black people just don’t care which is, yikes and a topic for another day) If we had more options I believe it’d be minimized.

5 Likes

Tru that.

1 Like

You know what… I don’t know :confused:
Obviously, other than the huge amount of creators who just don’t care whether their POC actually looks like a POC or not, I feel like part of the blame is on the art release itself.

Like, I remember some time ago we got a nice “curly hair update”. I was so hyped for that until I found out half of the “curly” hair was just wavy.

I mean, this is some of the "curls" we have

It says “curls” or “curly” but they hardly look like it. I can perhaps excuse the Long Thick Curls although it looks more like a curling iron was used instead.

I feel like a lot of people just see “curl” and think it’s good representation for curly people or even worse a POC.

Oof anyway, in all this, I truly absolutely hope to see more variety in the future :pray:t2:

6 Likes

bump… we only have two actual long “curly” hairstyles

4 Likes

bump. We need more options.

2 Likes

Long braid…support

3 Likes

AMEN!
Yeah, we need more black hairstyles for LL…

I always find that it is EXTREMELY limited.

God Bless.

Support!

Hopefully, they add more black hairstyles.

3 Likes

Hello, can you list my thread? It’s gotten 110 likes in two days, and it’s still growing :blush: :heart:

3 Likes

Sure. Also I loveee the designs!!

1 Like

Thank you! I tried my best :blue_heart: :sparkles:

1 Like

I have wavy hair up until my ends, then my hair gets very curly. I know it’s a very weird hair texture, and I’m not mad that Episode doesn’t have it, but there really aren’t that many options for just curly hair. I def want to see more curly updos, bc at the moment we have close to none.

3 Likes

Bump

1 Like

COMPLETE SUPPORT!!!
Even though they have started to include more Melanated hairstyles… we still need more.I have Sisterlocks, and they absolutely do not have my hairstyle at all!!! It’s quite sad and frustrating that I get so excited when they introduce 1 or 2 Curly girl hairstyles, when the less melanated have oodles of options… but we get so happy when we get the little that we do receive!!!

Melanated Hairstyles

2 Likes

Period!!!

1 Like

https://images.app.goo.gl/6ySSRqdHrHsmgWX6A

1 Like

Bump!!!

1 Like

I saw Blood and Water on Netflix recently and I was enchanted by all the different ways Puleng tied her braids. I would love to reference some of them in a character. I tried to find screenshots to illustrate what I meant, but Google is sadly failing me.

1 Like

I knew Puleng had much more enchanting hairstyles, but these are what I found:

But also try Zama’s!

And if you do pleaseeee send it my way!

1 Like

Thank you