Handling emotions and feelings

I don’t really “cope” with feelings. I let them do whatever they do. If I’m feeling something, I try my best to not suppress them because there’s obviously a reason I’m feeling a certain way.

I think maybe I don’t control them better, too, because I have no self control. Every time something touches me, like my soul, and I’m like, “that is so beautiful!!” Or if I’m feeling a little extra depressed or thankful, my feelings always come out in tears.

So I cry a lot. Like A LOT. I always tell people not to worry about it, that I’m just an emotional crybaby with no control of her emotions. Which is pretty much true, but everytime I try to suppress my feelings, I kinda feel like I’m choking, so I can’t even do it for long.

Even though I look like I’m not really, completely together cause I’m crying and people often associate that with not quite being together, I can do everything I’d do normally while crying. I write and draw and start crying for like, no particular reason except that I started thinking about something. Usually something like, “Wow, I suck at this. I’m a friggin’ worthless human being.” OR it could be the total opposite where I’m like, “Yes! Look at my God-given gift of creation! Praise Him!!!” Lol…

So yeah, I feel stuff, I don’t do anything about it. I kinda just go with the flow and continue doing whatever thing I’m doing until it passes. Shrug.

I used to get panic attacks when I was way overwhelmed, which I’ve gotten better with now because I just don’t get overwhelmed as easily as before. A lot of nonsense has happened to me over the years, and I started doing this thing when stupid stuff happens, I think, “Well…this was bound to happen eventually. Nothing I can do about it now. LOL, whatever.”

If I happen to be very worried or stressed, my dad is the person I often go to and he’ll lay down some old man wisdom and I feel better after that.

2 Likes

That is a good thing, and it is not wrong to be kind of introverted. You realized how life truely is like, we all do, you just had to do so early. That robbed you of a part of your childhood, but gave you the chance to avoid other negative experiences, so there is a balance in things. The question is wether this numbness inside burdens you or not, like if you think that you will be able to fully give love and be loved one day. I thought I would not have to deal with my demons and fears, but then they backstabbed me.

1 Like

If that is just the way it is, okay, I only wanted to address the possibility that one might think that there is nothing to something, but it really does bother you subconsciously. No lesson in psychology, just checking all options, inside of me, too.

The numbness isn’t a burden. I like being closed out. So no one has to worry about me. I like a guy irl. Like a lot. And I feel like he likes me back but I don’t know. And I had relationships in the past so I know what it feels to have feelings and they were great but they were momentarily. And I do have feelings more often now that I’m back in school around people who hate, like, all that stuff. I do like being introverted irl. It’s easier.

2 Likes

Agreed

mm :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
okay.

They say that there is wisdom in the branches of a tree, in the storm they do not resist and break, but give in for the moment and return in place when the storm is over, that is the difference between being hard and being strong. If that works for you, it’s a good strategy. :sunglasses: But it does not work for everyone. I used to be very emotional as a child and cried a lot, thus I felt the need to change, but being a perfectionist I overdid it. :sweat_smile: However, there is no turning back, even if my principles allowed it, I cannot let my feelings out on demand.

2 Likes

I used to say that I feel like the moon, I behold people from far, but I do not belong, like watching a movie. But we still feel, maybe differently than “normal” people do, but we do. The question was how to handle this, and if I got you right so far you said you have not felt the need to actively address this issue yet as you are comfortable with the way things are. You sure you are? I mean, what advice would you give me? :wink:

1 Like

I mean I don’t hate being like this. But I wouldn’t mind if I could become more feelful. (new words! yay!) Advice? Well my “advice” is I don’t know, I need some sort of topic. Like what advice do you need… what for? What’s the struggle… ?

1 Like

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
Well, the topic of this thread is how to deal with emotions when they hit and bug you. Like not just distracting yourself or waiting until it’s over. If you get a headache you take a pill, but there is no med for silencing emotions. :shushing_face::innocent:

1 Like

Yeah so you want me give you advice on that? :sweat_smile: I apologize, I’m kind of lost on where this conversation is going.

1 Like

You must have had an idea of what you wanted to say when you first came here, right? Or maybe not? :alien::ghost:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm I’m so confused lol. I was just answering the post lol

1 Like

Happens. Maybe if you re-read my first post you will remember? If not it’s also ok that you shared your experiences with me/us. I know my profile is rather empty, but you can find some more info on me in my personal thread over in the Episode discussion subcathegory.

1 Like

yeah. but I also said how I adjusted to my feelings and cope with them. I tend to elaborate and rant too much :sweat_smile: I apologize.

1 Like

No problem, I am a former student of philosophy. :sweat_smile: I just did not see any advice on how to cope exactly since you basically just stand save behind a shield. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah. Sorry.

1 Like

That is ok, just hope you have an emergency plan for the day the shield fades. No smart-assing of me, I still care too much about everyone and everything and end up messing with the life of others, really should know better… :roll_eyes:

My shield is a fade in fade out object, if that makes sense.

As long as you can rely on it… :grin: