Handling emotions and feelings

A bridge between both topics. :wink:

Why should I be disturbed by a male hahahah. I’m actually glad there is a male around hahah because there are less males in episode

What kind of feelings? Sadness ? Anger?

For me I have to take meds that are prescribed and are supposed to “help” but they dont really
Dance, Acting, Acting, Listening to music, Being with Animals, And even Rping on here can lighten my mood

Well, a few users addressed the problem of sexual harrassment, therefore I thought that maybe a female lead by @XxZOEYxX and you might help to make the ladies feel more comfortable. :pensive:
I meant all kinds of feelings, especially those that overcome you all of a sudden or keep nagging you for a long time.

There is a whole lot of psychology in role-playing, this can be a great opportunity to get to know yourself, but also a risk of getting into conflicts. I like and support RPGs, but also saw and experienced the down-sides of them…
As for meds, it’s illusionary to think that you just have to take a pill and everything will be fine. I do not say that one should not take them at all if it is necessary, I also do for many years, but it can only be a part of the solution. :pill::face_with_thermometer::wink:

See for me taking the meds i have been given is mandatory only because Its an option that my psychiatrist tells me and my parents its what i need (Trying not to mention cause i dont want to state reason why tho i have many times)

No need to be ashamed, really. I was 17 when my psychotherapist wanted me to take meds, but I refused since my mind means everything to me and I did not want anything to mess with it. However, after the fatigue kicked it and chained me down, I had no choice but to try everything, so I started taking antidepressants. By then I was 23.

The thing with feelings is they are not logical and sometimes it’s hard to find any words to describe and explain them to others. Some pop up and nag you persistently, but make no sense at all, or at least you cannot say why they are there. Being angry after someone insulted you is quite understandable, but there are more complex and odd emotions out there - or better: in there…

This is so beautifully said. I feel like emotions are great but also are very hard I find venting helpful at times, even if it is something I find difficulty in explaining. It’s more of catharsis.

Now that I am on my laptop, I want to add a quote by Edgar Allen Poe. I guess that @Days might like it. And maybe @JHW also wants to check this thread if she hasn´t already.

“For my own part, I have never had a thought which I could not set down in
words with even more distinctness than that with which I conceived it.
There is, however, a class of fancies of exquisite delicacy which are not
thoughts, and to which as yet I have found it absolutely impossible to adapt
to language. These fancies arise in the soul, alas how rarely. Only at
epochs of most intense tranquillity, when the bodily and mental health are
in perfection. And at those weird points of time, where the confines of the
waking world blend with the world of dreams. And so I captured this fancy,
where all that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream.”

It’s beautiful and thanks for tagging me :slight_smile:

Ooh very profound indeed!

I’m still figuring that out, but I’ll tell you how I’m trying to cope with myself now.

Whenever something happens, I just allow it to get to me until it cannot anymore. If I feel the need to cry, I’ll try to allow myself to cry. I try not to be harsh on myself for something I cannot control. I tell myself things like, “maybe I can face this obstacle just like I’ve face other obstacles. I have a chance. Maybe I’m more than what is causing and I’m allowed to be hurt by what ever is getting to me”. This is just a kind of way of acknowledging my feelings and rewiring my mindset to something else. I just like to try looking at certain things from a different angle. If that makes sense.

Another thing I do is set accomplishments/goals. I’m not talkin’ about ENORMOUS goals, I mean like things broken into smaller parts that I can easily obtain. It can be anything, like waking up early in the morning, brushing my teeth, do my favorite hobbies, taking care of a pet, etc. Things like these are something to keep the ball rolling towards some improvement, and they’re crucial as they’re counted as self care. Everybody deserves self care and some self credit for it because every single effort we make has its own values. Such small things can add small bumps of ease around you, y’know?

I know that they’re not magical cures or a solution to fix what you’ve got going on, they are just stuff to keep yourself occupied for a while. But it is something.

And look, coping can be hard. A lot of things are easier said than done. I can’t promise to myself nor anyone that “things will get better” because nobody is certain of that. We can just try to find the bearness within the obstacles. It just needs a lot of trying, energy, patience and so on. I know there are times where you feel emotionally drained to the point where you can’t even get out of your bed or do anything. But that’s okay, because you have a chance to try and there will always be room for improvement. You can’t expect to feel better overnight, but you’ll get there before you know it. You’ll find yourself climbing then you’ll fall. You’ll spiral down. But again that’s completely alright, some other time you’ll regain the capability to try again. This is part of the recovery/process. Try to take things one at a time. Baby steps may turn into a mile for you someday. Recovery has no limit. Try to keep going

I try that, you cannot swallow a whole loaf of bread all in one bite or you will choke. :nauseated_face::innocent:
However, my emotions are blocked, I even made a vow to never cry again when I was 17 as I cried a lot as a child, so I cannot “let go”, roll with the changes and just go on. It’s not only the severe lack of energy due to the fatigue, it’s being overwhelmed whenever feelings manage to strike you by surprise. Pain also is a feeling, some can endure it, others not so well, and I have a very low tolerance for strong emotions. That is why I wanted to be a robot as a child. :robot:
Thx for sharing your thoughts on this in such a long post. :sunglasses:

Yeah I get what you mean. And that is true, that’s why I said it can be very emotionally draining and it’s not that easy. It took time for me and it’s still kind of a struggle. Everybody has a way of coping with themselves I guess.

LMAOO yeah ik it was a long post my bad bro

I would invite you over to my self-introducing thread, but it was closed, yet another emotion I need to cope with. And the mod I messaged, so if my account is gone soon, do not be surprised, I tend to fight for my rights. :crossed_swords::sweat_smile: