Happy Indigenous Month (on Episode)

I hear by make it officially Indigenous People Month on Episode!

What is it about?

A month celebrating and honor the Indigenous peoples of America and pay tribute to their shared history and culture.

How can I contribute?

By giving you admiration or appreciation to people in real life and in the forums who are Indigenous. Or posting pictures of characters or people who are.

My Person:

@ZADDY - Happy Indigenous Appreciation Month. I give you my honor for your strong ancestors and for yourself, being in the community.

My Characters:

Me:

Comment below who you want to appreciate or honor for the month.

19 Likes

Yass I’m one eigth metis

5 Likes

Really?! That’s cool

1 Like

This makes me so happy!

You have no idea how important it is to me that you’re bringing light to this.

I feel like we aren’t represented whatsoever especially on episode. I don’t think I’ve read one story with a native character as a main character or background character.

We’re a really small percentage but we still do exist. We’re really active with the community and work with our tribes to pay for college and health care.

We preserve landmarks and wildlife as well! Where I live we have this creek that was majorly polluted due to lead piles and mining from a nearby town. The creek is so polluted that it’s unsustainable. We’ve been working on preserving it and cleaning it.

It’s unfair how much we do for the community yet we go unnoticed. People are shocked when I reveal to them I’m native. Everyone assumes I’m half Asian and I just have to brush it off sometimes. I’m native and we exist!!

WE EXIST!

Just because our numbers are small doesn’t mean we don’t deserve representation.

Episode have made shelf’s representing many different cultures and I haven’t seen ONE that represented native. None of their featured stories have native Americans in them. It’s sucks.

Edit
I’m Peoria and I live in Oklahoma!!

13 Likes

I know I have ‘Native American’ ancestry, so I can appreciate this.

4 Likes

I live in Arkansas

3 Likes

I love Arkansas. It’s forest trails are beautiful. My dad mountain bikes so he takes me to those trails and shows me around on weekends. It’s really fun.

4 Likes

I like here bc of the trees and trails too

1 Like

Anyone you’d like to give recognition for this month?

2 Likes

Anyone

1 Like

I think she meant anyone who was Native American :joy:

2 Likes

:joy:

Leslie. Girl.

Native Americans aren’t just Americans…
They’re American Indians?
You know… not just an American person…

7 Likes

I’m Latina

1 Like

Lol I’m stupid just forget it

They don’t teach me enough here in Arkansas :joy:

Really?!

Yep… If you wanna know more pm me we gotta stay on topic

3 Likes

Vivica A. Fox: A-half of Native American

4 Likes

I would like to tag my friend @Dahlia_Blossom

:cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom:

She’s half Native American and African American, she’s so rich in culture and gorgeous!

She says been having trouble connecting with her Native Roots and I hope she can work her way towards it! I’d love to help her and she deserves all the love.

She’s gorgeous and super artistic.

We have tons of great people in our community. Beautiful diverse people with rich blood and history.

She’s a great friend and I love talking about our native history, bloodline, and features. I wish everyone else has the privilege to befriend her because she’s AMAZING!!

DAHLIA YOURE AMAZING OKAY!

5 Likes