Hardest Things When Writing

For me it’s finishing the first three chapters in general. It’s a pain in the ass cause you can’t publish 1 episode, so I don’t know if the story is going to flop…and if it does then I wasted a good 4-5 weeks writing 3 chapters. What’s the hardest thing for you? Id love to know!!

11 Likes

most people give up on the story before episode 2. if you can not start up with 3 chapters you wont finish the entire story.

listen most stories are gonna flop its really hard to get reads on the app. I seen amazing stories there barely have any mean while I seen very bad ones getting a lot for some reason.

me its been lazyness. I am not lazy but I often think. why spot background charaters(or such stuff) people dont care anyway

5 Likes

It’s probably having relatable characters/events that the readers feel connected too.

1 Like

I can’t pick the hardest thing, but maybe losing the motivation to code/write? Or self-doubt about my story?

3 Likes

Omg, the first three chapters are the best! I don’t write stories to see if they will flop or not really… I write them because I love the story and the beginning is my favorite!

The last chapters are my least favorite. It’s so hard and boring! because the main event is over and I just want to be done.

8 Likes

directing. why cant my computer just read my mind and put it in picture smh

15 Likes

because life dont work that way

exactlyyyyyy

1 Like

Same…I don’t really write them to SEE if they flop or not- but it’s so much fun to write when it’s in the middle, it’s just super discouraging to write a story and no one like it? Like i’d rather right a book everyone likes and I like writing too then writing a book no one likes.

2 Likes

Yeah, I do get it. If nobody read it at all, it would probably be hard to continue.
But sometimes you have to keep going.
I’ve never gotten many reads in the first few chapters, but sometimes once you get to chapter 10+ more people give it a shot because there are more episodes, so you don’t want to give up too early.

2 Likes

I made a similar thread to this here. I find story fillers to be quite difficult. What do I do between big events? How do I make a good subplot? How do I keep the story going and interesting when… there’s just… nothing going on?
Kills me. Every time. Jesus CHRIST I’m getting pissed as fuck thinking about this! What do I do? My story is going to DEFINITELY flop if I have no fillers!

1 Like

sometimes it does, and you could’ve just said “it’s okay” smh

7 Likes

Writing the idea down, it’s hard having an idea, knowing how to start, but you don’t have all the tools.

5 Likes

No need for the snarky remark :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

On topic - Writers block is the number one struggle for me

7 Likes

Maybe more friends that could have something going on that the MC or LI is helping with.

1 Like

The hardest thing about writing is know that 99% of people on here doesn’t know that french fries and salad dressing is the P e R f E c T match and pizza is so gross :nauseated_face:

@TheParisLover

2 Likes

I’m often afraid if I’m gonna go off-character with my own characters :persevere: for example this person is supposed to be brazen, but they seemed too shy in this dialogue so I had to delete the scene and start it all over again.

1 Like

The hardest thing for me is to write the first few chapters, especially the very first one. When I finally start writing, I rewrite those episodes dozens of times, just to waste time and to eventually go back to the original version, lol. After the 4th-5th episode writing becomes pretty easy to me, and I just go with the flow.

So yeah, I guess it’s hard for me to actually start a story, even if I have an idea I like. And at the moment it’s even worse, because I’m missing the idea too :smile:

3 Likes

That’s helpful, but vague. How will it stay interesting to readers? How do I break it up into episodes?

There’s so many difficulties when writing I think. I guess for me the hardest part is how to create a certain depth to characters, especially the side ones so they don’t appear just as social backgrounds (especially in romance, because as a reader myself I can’t stand when a story is focused on the MC and LI, and their best friends are just decorations which sometimes give the typical “best friend speech”).
But as it was mentionned earlier, this is a lot linked to fillers. I think fillers are the key to create a captivating story. Somehow what you make out of that space between big events are crucial because its says a lot about how you going to introduce these big events. Some stories even don’t have fillers at all. Sometimes the plot is basically a succession of (un)fortunate events, where it seems that every coincidence brings the MC and LI together.

3 Likes