Has Anyone Else Found That Episode Gem Options Are Being Taken Too Far? (:

Thanks for advice !
Definitely checking it out

2 Likes

I’m adding that to my favourites right now :anguished: :joy:

3 Likes

Totally relatable …I can imagine what u r feeling :thinking:

2 Likes

Haha I can feel you I am at 279 and I just don’t spend those gems at all, I keep goals like by end of the month I’ll collect 300

5 Likes

Wow that’s really a lot. I never make it past 50 because then I accidentely take an expensive gem choice on the featured stories :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Try clicking on the upper side of the screen gem choices are usually at the bottom :wink:

3 Likes

That’s what I found out and have done ever since :joy:

2 Likes

I thought once, let me read a trending story I read a few with bad directing and wanted something good after searching for so long :see_no_evil:, I wasn’t even feeling the MC yet and I could only defend her against an ex when I would spend 15 gems. The other option was so bad, so I stopped immediately!

Then the next story I went for was completed, but from chapter 3 or 4 I had to pay gems for the early acces. Like stated in other posts, I also read completed stories to binge watch them and I’m not going to read 1 or 2 chapters a day :woman_shrugging:

So onto the next :woman_facepalming:t3: support button of 15 gems? Ugh, I’m broke after once selecting that choice. I like that story, but I won’t press the support button because that’s all I have left I’m terrible at saving gems . If she’d put 5 gems, I probably would press that choice once or twice. But it was her choice to set it to 15 :woman_shrugging:

As an author I already feel bad to put in the choice of 5 gems to support me. I even give 2 points instead of 1 point when you decide to buy points for a character at the price of 5 gems :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yes this exact thing I hate it, why tf you add gems for something that was free earlier, I’d rather stop reading something like that, it’s the same as a book which was free earlier and now you have to spend $8 to read it further pages of it

3 Likes

The support the author for me depends on how complex the story is. Do choices matter? Are there multiple branches within each episode based on my choices? If it’s a linear story, then I know it didn’t take as long to code and I wouldn’t want to pay as much. If it’s a complex story, then i’d be willing to pay more.

2 Likes

Ngl I’m very stingy with my gems too, especially since it takes me 20+ mins completing those god awful surveys that only offer 1-3 gems.

I seriously wish they’d let us earn gems by watching videos instead :confused:

3 Likes

Yes I hate when authors take advantage like for example:

Summary

4 Likes

I’m all for spending gems on early access or support the author but it’s disappointing to see that authors are now going in to their completed stories and putting this option.

Since the removal of the unlimited passes I barely binge read but I’d like to have the option to read a completed story in my own time as opposed to waiting for 7 days - by that point I’ll likely have lost interest or even forgotten what the story is about.

I understand the authors motivations for adding these choices, but they’re more likely to lose readers with early access in this case… when instead they could retain reads and put the support author choice (which most people will likely select).

4 Likes

Thank you … I’ll try it next time.

2 Likes

This right here!! My chapters usually take 2-3 weeks to complete because of the absolute madness of 9 separate branches with complex point splitting. When I see authors do the same thing, I’m willing to pay up to 15 gems to support them. If it’s one branch with average directing… i’m going to have to skip on the gems. It’s truly all on how hard the author works tbh.

4 Likes

I’ve said it before but I hate, hate, hate the 11 hour wait time they’re testing for Early Access. It’s ruining my experience with so many stories that have been complete for awhile. I know I have a lot more gems than your usual reader (1,000+) but I honestly cannot afford to spend 6 gems every few chapters for them, especially when I save my gems for bonus scenes, support choices or topping up points and also because most of the stories I read that are complete have a lot of chapters. It will take me forever to complete them now since I can only read a few chapters of each of the stories that have it implemented per day. Basically, bye bye binge reading.

Btw, if any of y’all are interested:

9 Likes

Ooh like when it’s a scene that’s about the past. Don’t. Charge. Gems. For. That.

3 Likes

Basically, yea. Or customization. I get so angry lol. I mean I don’t usually customize but GAH D*MN!!! It’s charging for the most random sh*t that is so confusing to me. Like maybe an extra scene that’s just the characters being funny, or a sneak peak of the next chapter. Like, one of my favorite bonus scenes was in the story “My Butler,” where you got to see Elijah simping for the MC. It was just hilarious, and it was worth the few gems I spent. I’m overly picky though… so maybe don’t listen to me.

5 Likes

Problem is, only another writer would see it that way. If you are only a reader and not involved with the community, I suppose you pay based on how well you enjoyed the story.

4 Likes

I know it’s so sad I also came across few completed stories and even in those u hve to give 8 gems or wait 11hours every 3-4 chps it personally gets kinda pisses me off…

3 Likes