Has anyone ever understood their parents?!

Has anyone ever understood their parents?! I have never understood them. If you have then good for you :unamused:

They act so weird with me, that sometimes I feel that I am paranoid lol.

My mom asked me to transact 300 Rupees. I went to at least 4 ATM in my area and none had cash. I went to the 5th ATM and it had 500 Rupees note so I had to take that. After that I buyed chocolates to get change. My mom was like why the h*'ll you buyed chocolates? (As if I would have got change directly, because shopkeepers here don’t give change easily). Then I told her to take 300 Rupees and let me keep the rest as I will give it to her in emergency. She took every single Rupees :cry: I asked her to give me my money and she said that it was her money because she added that to my account. But guys my cousin gave me the money so she can’t tell me that it’s her money. I swear I will never ever add money to my account. I will just hide it somewhere!!

Extra

I told my parents I want to be an actress and they said that working for film industry is not a great idea. Then I said I will write stories on Episode and share my creativity. They still opposed it!! Few days ago my dad said that he is thinking of letting me work in film industry. Like WTH?! First you oppose and then you agree?!!

Sorry if there are any grammatical mistakes because I am so frustrated!!

Share your experience down!

6 Likes

The ATM one was really weird but
 people sometimes change their opinions so I guess that’s why they changed their mind about you becoming an actress.

My parents and I usually get along pretty well

2 Likes

Good for you. Me and my parents fight a lot because they don’t like any of my suggestions!!

I sleep/work all day to avoid conflict :joy: but I heard that parents just want the best for

2 Likes

Ik but aren’t we supposed to select our own goal?! I am trying to save money and my mom wants to spend it all. My mom is a gold digger that’s why I don’t like giving her money. She always asks for money though she knows the problems my dad is going through to fill our stomach :confounded:

2 Likes

Damn you and your mom need to have a serious talk cuz that’s not healthy
And yeah I agree but parents think that everything that comes out our mouth is bullshit. And then most parents try to live through their kids :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I guess I just sort of go with the flow because I have a brother, and it would be crazy if we’re both arguing with our parents so I just feel bad, you know what I mean? I try not to argue unless I feel its super important

Besides, I don’t have much to argue about
 so it’s not like I have to
I’m sorry that you and your mom haven’t been getting along, and I hope things between you get better

1 Like

Meh lol. My parents p*ss me off bc they divorced but honestly Ik y. And don’t get me wrong, I’m not made w them abt that, they’re still good friends actually. But, I was ten when it happened n even tho I was young, I still remember how they never argued, never. My mom would say smth like ‘I want u to come to the sports day bc I always go & it’s not fair! I need to get to meetings too!’ And my dad had a v busy schedule & couldn’t make it bc it was in the middle of the day but my mom instead of arguing like normal parents would look all angry then leave the room.

This repeated, and repeated and they started despising each other bc they weren’t talking abt it. They both have that habit, of being embarrassed abt their negative emotions. And the fact that she tries to make me hold back mine when my sister has just said smth racist without knowing it abt a friend of mine makes me literally fuming. :white_heart:

2 Likes

@tre.episodes we did had a serious talk but she is still not ready God knows why!!

@juliewrites my sister argues with my mom a lot (everyday) I argue when I feel that my point is not a given a proper discussion.

@anon71033048 I am so sorry that your parents divorced when you were still young. I love how they never argued! My parents always argue with each other.

1 Like

I think it’s an Indian culture thing. I’m of Indian descent and it’s sort of the same. They change their mind and sometimes control what we want to become in life. When I was little I wanted to become a doctor, my mother said no I can’t do that because I’ll kill someone. Then I told her I wanted to become a teacher she said no, the children will beat me up because I am tiny. Now I am old & unemployed, I have no clue what I what to be in life because she because she said no to everything. So I do things behind their backs and I’m actually getting somewhere. Example, 10 years ago both my parents told me that I can’t go to university, I didn’t listen to them. I signed up behind their backs then I got accepted. When my mother saw the acceptance letter she was happy. Today, I have a degree because I didn’t listen to the sh*t they had to say. I’m not here to encourage you to disobey your parents eh. Moral of the story be stubborn but for the right reason. Perhaps your mother’s parents rejected her dreams that’s why she is rejecting yours because that’s how she grew up. Therefore she’s treating you the same way since that is what she know. She can’t teach or do what she don’t know. Just do not marry someone like them. Parent’s eyes will always get big when they see money. Let her have her money, you will get yours when you start to work. At least you’re still getting money, I never got much growing up. I had to take care of myself. This will teach you to be independent and you will thank her in your mind one day that she did that to you. To be honest everyone will agree at this moment that writing episode stories for a living is not a good idea. That’s because you don’t know if your story will pick up. However, you can have a real job and write episode stories in the side. About 95% (just averaging) of the community are not getting paid for writing stories. We do it as a hobby so don’t be fooled. It takes years for some authors to reach 500000 reads. So your mother is right about that. In terms of film, you can do film but do something at the side as well. Not everyone make it in film. Not saying you won’t make it but it does take years to be successful in the film industry.

3 Likes

I am happy that you got into university!! Writing full time for Episode is not what I want to do now but maybe after I am confident about myself. I will be working as a dance teacher to help my teachers so they don’t have to look after everything. So basically I will start earning this year from June. And Indian parents do have that gene of rejecting most of the things lol.

1 Like

Ongoing situation but my mom raised me and my other three sisters alone for the most part. Maybe she had a boyfriend every now and then or a visit from one of our dads but nothing really. Currently she’s mArRiEd to someone who gets on my nerves. Whenever she complains about him and his son I remember back to a few years ago when we moved into a new house and these two idiots were on our doorstep.

She never said anything about them until the last minute and to this day uses the excuse “I don’t owe you guys anything” like what the fuck? :joy: If her mom moved a stranger and his son into her house she would’ve been pissed too. The worst part was me and my sisters thought we weren’t going to be crammed in one room because we always had to share. But of course the third bedroom went to this dingus’ son. Don’t get me started on how he currently turned our house into an animal farm and is trying to sell one of our dog’s first litters when he doesn’t own her or the dog that got her pregnant :roll_eyes: Hygiene is beyond a thing and his son is the start of 98% of arguments with my mom.

He also hits the dogs sometimes with a stick which absolutely pisses me off. He doesn’t take them out so why is he getting mad they didn’t let themselves out to use the bathroom. The only time he cares for these dogs is when he wants to show them off or thinks he can make money off them. He has no regard for animal life and he let my moms dog impregnate Mozzy (pregnant female) on purpose. Recently he posted a picture on Facebook saying “puppies coming soon” and at first said he was selling the mom afterwards but now is planning to take the Merle patterned pup for himself to make money. At one point I was always arguing with him for how he spoke to my family but over the years I gave up because he doesn’t seem to be going anywhere.

1 Like

I am so sorry you have to go through that and who the hell hits a dog?! I would have killed him!!

2 Likes

I mean, at the end of the day, your parents can’t control what you end up doing, but it’s nice to have their approval. Maybe try to explain to them what these things you want to do entail and why you want to do them; if you want their approval, give them a chance to see you took time to think about this.
About the money, parents tend to take money as an authoritative figure, but if your mom is just taking it cause she wants it, that seems to be a problem. If it is an issue of trust with her, maybe convince her to let you show her you can responsibly handle your own money, and maybe she’ll let you :slight_smile:
If the money is an issue of her just wanting/ feeling entitled to it, that doesn’t seem super fair. I don’t know if you have tried this with her, but maybe talk to her and try to figure out exactly why she takes it, so maybe you can take an action that will prevent it.
It sucks when parents do unfair things, and especially when you disagree with them; making it harder. I would try to just communicate as much as you can, and if that doesn’t work, you know you’ve done all you can do. I wish you luck <3

2 Likes

Exactly, at this point no one wants to live in the same house as him and my mom doesn’t have the balls to kick him out.

1 Like

I talked to her about it and she said that she need to buy new things for her :expressionless: I talked to her many times but this is her only answer!

That’s bad! I wish I was there to teach him a lesson!!

1 Like

that’s so sad, istg he would’ve ended up on a hospital bed for hitting a dog

2 Likes

Lowkey I’m hoping the dog we’re watching bites him. The dog becomes aggressive when around unfamiliar things and people and he hit this dog for growling when it’s just scared.

2 Likes

Somehow
 I hate him even tho Idek him lol.

2 Likes