Has anyone made a *mini* game that wasn't so *mini* after all?

I am currently coding a mini-game for a story, but it doesn’t seem to be that “mini”. Mine is around 200 lines of just coding. Has anyone had a similar experience, or am I the only one? :grinning:

200 lines of code isn’t that much imo

1 Like

In my mind the mini game was only 50 :grinning: Do people have more than 200? If yes, I salute them.

My full first chapter is just less than 10 minutes long and it’s about 1600 haha

Wow, that’s a lot. I’ve played stories where the game lasted for a solid 30 minutes. I don’t want to know how much coding they did :see_no_evil:

It stacks up very quickly

Any tips for that? Because it takes me a lot of time to stack them up.

Main tip is don’t worry about the lines, sometimes loads of lines can equal to a very short amount of time, and sometimes few lines can equal a very long amount of time, if you just set a stopwatch as you preview your whole chapter, you will be able to see a better equivalent. Aim for around 10-15 minutes is what most people say

1 Like

I’ve never heard of that stopwatch method. That’s actually such good advice! I’ll definitely implement it!
Thanks!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

in a new story I am working on I am makeing mini games.

(round guesses)

first mini game is 300

second is 50

and third is 550

1 Like

I admire your dedication. :hushed::+1:t2:

1 Like

At the end of each of my episodes there is is a points thing where it shows you how many points you have with each of the characters, when playing the episode it takes like 10 seconds but the coding is about 200-300 lines because it’s all overlays

1 Like

You guys are all so dedicated! I thought of add-ons ending overlays but I was like "Nah, a too be continued will make it " :joy:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.