Have you ever felt this?

Hi guys.
I’ve just had a long period of not writing (10 days, thereabouts) and I just wanted to know whether any of you have had anything like that. Not writer’s block, but simply a lack of energy.

9 Likes

I do lol

1 Like

What do you do when you realize you’ve had that kinda long period?

1 Like

I think I’m asking simply because I feel a little bit guilty about it.

1 Like

That’s kinda how I feel. How do you handle that feeling?

Man, I wish I had fanmail :laughing:

Understandably :laughing:

But I think the question is: should I feel guilty about it?

Hello @TheGoodOne, this is Sydney the Moderator.

This topic has been moved from Creator’s Corner to Community General Chat as it is not about story creation. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink:

Thanks for reading and have a good day :sunglasses:

Oh, ok thanks :grin:

1 Like

Yes I have - I am going through it now and I have gone through it before. Like I sit down ready to write but I cannot bring myself to write more than a few lines -_-

I get that all the time. I usually let myself take a break for a few days or weeks, since I write for fun and not money or anything like that, then get back to writing when I have more energy. Sometimes I’ll listen to one of my writing playlists to get back my enthusiasm for a story. Just know that this will pass.

No! You shouldn’t feel guilty about it. It’s totally okay to lose motivation for a while. I know what you’re going through too. What motivates me (might not work for you) is planning out my story, all the things like the villain’s backstory, their motivation, or the mc’s motivation to catch the villain, how I can get sympathy for the characters, etc. I also love filling out those RP sign up forms for my characters (they usually consist of name, age, bio, personality, gender, sexuality, and an anything else section). I like doing all of this because it gets me excited for writing my story, and usually that lets me start writing. It differs for everyone though, you’ll just have to experiment with stuff until you find something that gets you motivated.

That is basically my life in one sentence.

1 Like

OMG yes I do ALL THE FREAKIN TIME!!! For starters, it is hard for me to find any time to write… But, I feel like when I do have time, I just simply don’t want to… Not because I don’t enjoy it, but because being an Episode author takes A LOT of work!!!

1 Like

When I feel like I’m working, but then realize that I barely wrote down two lines of dialogue.

1 Like

Yessss :joy::joy:

Omg why is this me at when I was doing my uni coursework? :sob:

What’s that?

Haha at university I had an assignment to do - I needed to write a lab report

1 Like