Have you ever given up or wanted to give up on writing a story?

I want to know… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

If you have, why?

If you haven’t, why?

4 Likes

Yes, but it wasn’t published. I had written three chapters that I had spent sooo much time on, but then I came to the conclusion that it wasn’t a good story, so I stopped.
I’m working on a new one now

4 Likes

Yes, I’ve given up on four stories :relieved:

There was just so much wrong with them, I needed to revamp them all but I wanted to write other stories too… I think I was cursed, well, maybe I still am cursed…

8 Likes

Best of luck for your new story :smile:

1 Like

Thank you​:heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

You are welcome :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

OHH I gave up so many times! I created 2 stories on episode and I PUBLISHED them but they were so crap. I don’t know how to plan a story and I’m too tired and lazy to plan it. Maybe I’m not meant to write stories after all but it’s fine because I don’t want anymore stress.

4 Likes

Noooo don’t say that.

Writing should be fun and relaxing. Don’t feel the pressure to write. There’s tutorials online that can help with story plans! Just don’t stress yourself and do things at your own pace!. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hahahaha I think we all share the same problem. Good luck and push on!

3 Likes

Thanks, you too:))

2 Likes

I wanna give up daily :sweat: I’m constantly questioning my talent and worth as a writer lol. So far I’ve just put some of my stories on hold :confused:

2 Likes

Yes.
Coding.
My kryptonite.
I was trying to do like the bone witch or the sisters Grimm.
But coding.

Yes, my stories are horrible maybe I will never continue

Coding or plot/storyline

1 Like

Lmao so many times I wanted to slack off because my story seemed butt compared to everyone else’s, (STILL unpublished, but working and hoping to release soon?). But I always still find a way to stick to my story. Idk how, but I just can’t stop. :joy:

1 Like

I’ve written 20 chapters down on my notebook, but I just can’t get through to coding. Whenever I’m on the portal I just think to myself: “Is it actually worth it?” Then I get distracted and end up doing something else.

2 Likes

All the time. Writing sucks. It’s so time-consuming, the app is pretty much useless visually speaking and nobody ever reads them. Not really a rewarding experience.

That being said, I can’t quit now. I’m about halfway through my current project and I couldn’t live with myself if I wouldn’t ever finish it.

1 Like

Yes, the first story I ever wrote, I actually got 10 chapters in and then realised how painfully cliche it was. It wasn’t really that it was a bad story, just had a lot of plot holes and I hated it. I still have it published but I’ll probably never be continuing it.

1 Like

I was writing a story called Voices In My Head. I almost gave up on it after chapter 3,

2 Likes

I have given up writing so many stories due to stress or hate mail.

I am very fortunate to have a friend who supports me in what ever I write.

At this moment I have no stories published, but have writing 1 manuscript and have got 7 different stories started on the episode app.

I don’t know if they will ever be published because I don’t have a lot of confidence, and the little that I do have comes from my friend supporting my every move within each story.

3 Likes