Have you ever thought of giving up on your story?

Hello everyone! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Lately I’ve been thinking of stop writing my story and give up
But I feel bad for my readers and I really love my story and my characters
I really enjoy the Episode App :pleading_face:
But the thing is …
My story is not getting that many reads lately :broken_heart:
and that make me feel really bad because I am working hard on it.
So my question is did you ever feel the same way?
What did you do?
How can I promote my story more?
Tell me about your experience!

11 Likes

10000000 times yes

1. because I am honestly scared of what people may thing or its just to long and time consuming for me to keep on going.

but you have to stay strong your story will have good days and bad days. Maybe sharing it in threads and involve the story into the public, R4R is a great way to start! Also regularly posting on a social media platform can bring some recognition

6 Likes

Yeah, I’ve felt like this multiple times when writing… too much unmotivation, and the fear that people might not like what I’m writing. :[

However, I still try to stay positive! Good things come to those who have patience, and are hardworking.
So if you worked really hard on your stories, I’m sure it will get recognized sooner or later :pleading_face: :heart:

4 Likes

Hi! @Flare8
I have a word to said is never give up on a dream that you put so much of efford in you’re goal and the only way you don’t get that much reads is because you just start off new in episode app and it take times it not go as fast as how you planed it to be but it take year to get a 100,000 or more just give you’re story a chance and believed in it and you work you’re free time on it just give it a time.

Do i ever feels the same way? yes

What did i do? I don’t even finished my story for 7 story of different Genres but i believe in them because for story you have take time to code and do the choose importance is

please watch this video
How can you promote you’re story more?

1. Plan your entire story in detail
  2. Use Cliffhangers at the end of each episode
  3. Test your story Meticulously
  4. Animated every Line of Dialogue
  5. Make choices that appear to be meaningful

Tell me about my experience?
it take time to code and times code is hard to do but my experience is to do detail and meaningful for story importance part that of coding it and then test it out while you have to read whole script if want to since test story out .

@Flare8 and you can like find a idea of a new tittle that nobody hear and mix word together to make a awesome idea or like do a description make it like a interesting adventure or anything that sounds great to you’re story.

and you can do is get a Instagram or twitter of app for readers to follow you and you can ask question for them to pick and them like do give away or anything feels free and if don’t want to do Instagram or twitter i unterstand it be ok don’t pressure you’re self.

for tip of your plan story to promote watch this video

4 Likes

Thank you :pleading_face:
I already did r4r and post a thread
Put maybe I need more motivation :clap:t2::clap:t2::fist:t2:

4 Likes

Thank you for saying this :pleading_face::fist:t2:

3 Likes

Thank you so much :star_struck:
I will watch these videos :clap:t2::clap:t2:

2 Likes

@Flare8 you’re welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and i happy to help i sometimes feels like give up but i believe in myself to try to finished up my story since i new to wirting on episde app since i don’t post but :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: never give up on a goal just keeps fighting for you’re goal and one day you be famous

2 Likes

@Flare8 i reading you’re story now i reading darker then black

1 Like

@Flare8 I agree with the others don’t give up just bc it’s too hard or you feel stuck, because their are times when I also feel that way, but I don’t give up just keep going even when it’s hard or you feel like it’s not getting better trust me it will it takes time and patience others ways you can improve by revamping that’s currently what I’m doing awhile finishing it up bc I don’t really like the beginning of my story.

1 Like

@Kande10
Those videos are helpful too I definitely used those but I also recommend following other writing accounts on IG or any social media.

2 Likes

Thanks you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and i don’t have Instagram or twitter for social media

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I agree

1 Like

Yeah I hope that I will stop thinking about negative stuff :woman_facepalming:t2:
And good luck on your story :clap:t2:

1 Like

Thank you :star_struck:

1 Like

:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks you :hugs: and if you need help were here for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

you’re welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I have the lowest attention span ever so most of my stories end up in the bin. Seriously I’m getting distracted even writing this message because my phone went off:sweat_smile:. If your fans who have read your story are true fans they will understand. Maybe you could do a shock ending that is very sudden that people don’t expect.

2 Likes

Same!!! I feel like it’s really hard to get attention to out stories… I just started coding my frist every story but I am scared that when I will publish it, I won’t have any reads :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes