Having Hard time with creating a smooth looping background

I’ve made a looping background, but the glitching when it loops is getting to me.
I tried Dara Amarie, code template and didn’t come out right, So I used Joseph Evan’s looping code. the glitching at the end. I’ve placed it in the front, middle, end, I get the same result. can someone please explain this to me, or show an easier way to code it?

My coding doesn’t create that glitch effect. My looping background template makes the loop smooth. Make sure you are following the directions carefully and that your overlay image is the correct sizing.

I know that, that not what I’m saying, I tried the template and I guess putting it in wrong. I’ve tried the reverse direction also, I don’t understand your templates, I’m sorry, that’s why I’m imputing them wrong.

Reason I went to “Joseph evans” his process is easier, but I still get that glitch at the end, which means I’m doing something wrong. reason why I’m asking for help!

You copy the placement coding and paste it in your script. Then you copy the code of whichever speed you want and paste it into your script. Then following my directions, change the overlay name to your overlay name. And that’s all you do. Don’t change or edit anything else in the code

Does it have to be the background that’s in the placement, I’ve made one of my own, so does the placement size change?

The background doesn’t matter. It’s your overlay image that will be the background. The background won’t even be shown.

Ok, I’m trying it again, So I place the whole first code above and put my background overlay in all?

I did it the way you explained, it’s still not working!!!

I think what you mean is that the end of the 3rd zone and the beginning of the 1st zone don’t match, so when it loops, it looks choppy. For that, you’d have to edit your background on an editing app to make it so it loops smoothly. Take a piece from one end and blend it into the other.

If not, then your code should work if you used a template…

I did that 1 & fourth zone and duplicated it. I got the process from “Joseph Evans” tutorial, then once I’m done I compressed it. it’s not a really big glitch, but you notice. I tried dara’s template and I did the placement code above then the speed, it runs off screen exposing the first background. I was trying to get help from her to learn how to properly use it, but she left me on scene. I just deal with the glitching! She only responded to me out of ego! when I was actually trying to get help. ugh thanks, but I’m good! :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

can I see the overlay you’re using?

I made this overlay from scratch

1 Like

Alright, I tested it out using Dara’s templates ! it works perfectly fine, it runs smoothly, the first thing I noticed was that the the overlay was not the correct size (1183X700) Which is a very important step. after that you need to copy and past the code, with the speed you want and follow the instructions, this is what my code looks like, I chose the 6th speed

EXT. BLUE - DAY with DOOR CORRIDOR to 1.625 0 0 in zone 1 at layer -5
&overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 create from DOOR CORRIDOR and overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 opacity 1 in 0
&overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 scales to 1.625 1.625 in 0 and overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 and overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 to layer -6

&overlay DOOR CORRIDOR shifts to -640 0 in 2 THEN overlay DOOR CORRIDOR shifts to -960 0 in 1 THEN overlay DOOR CORRIDOR shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 THEN overlay DOOR CORRIDOR shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 2 THEN overlay DOOR CORRIDOR shifts to 0 0 in 1 THEN overlay DOOR CORRIDOR shifts to 0 0 in 0 loop INFINITE times
&overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 2 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in 1 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in 0 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to -640 0 in 2 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to -960 0 in 1 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 loop INFINITE times

I never said her template doesn’t work, I don’t fully understand how to use it! I wish this forum could use video, “Give a person a fish, they eat for a day, Teach them how to fish then they eat for life time!”

If I could actually get a visual example of how to use it then I would be good.

1 Like

(1183X700? ok how do I get this size uploading it only allows 640, 1280, 1920?

Ok, I see now how to fill out template, but the sizing, I’m still not clear on.

Ok, the silence let me figure it out, it’s overlays, not backgrounds :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: I can just scale to that size omg!

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time out to help me. Really appreciate it! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

Because you’re trying to upload it as a background which isn’t right, it’s suppose to be uploaded as an overlay

You’re welcome, hope it could work for you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.