Having problems making a choice

I dont know how to fix this problem with my story if anyone can help me please do tell me. :grinning:

On lines 75 and 90 your brackets are supposed to be the other way (try this })

Yeah of course!! Let me know if it works

Moved to Directing Help and Tips since this is about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

I still don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I know I’m new to this. But I did follow some tutorials on YouTube before I started. I guess I’m just bad at this. :pensive:

Here’s an example of a dressing game

Use;

choice
“Bella broke up with Jackson” {
*all of your dialog

} “Something happened with Jackson” {
*all of your dialogue”

}

I tried that but I’m still getting the same problem.

what error is it giving you?

You don’t need to type choice after you finish a branch, on lines 89 and 74 delete where it says choice and on 73 and 88 delete the brackets

Ok I did what you said but it’s only giving me one choice.

Thats because i forgot to mention​:woman_facepalming:t5::woman_facepalming:t5::woman_facepalming:t5: For choices two and three write them like } “add your choice here” {

You misspelled neutral on line 71

it’s:
JAMES (talk_neutral)
Okay.

What everyone else has said, but I’d like to reiterate how important it is to make sure your choices come after dialogue!

Ex:

NARRATOR
What option?

Choice

“pick me” {

} “pick me!” {

}

And to always make sure your choices end with that closing bracket! Also, your script can’t end with purely that closing bracket so make sure dialogue comes after it.

These are the errors that are usually associated with choices that I wanted you to be aware of. If there is ever an error, make sure your brackets are facing the right way and that you’re using them the right way, that you have dialogue before a choice and something happening after a choice, and that the choice ends with a closing bracket (to keep it all contained).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.