Hello check out my new story the new guy

I think its kinda mean that she says being gay is disgusting and it may turn off your readers. Do you want the character to be homophobic?

Yes the character is homophobic i wanted her to be complicated she hates gays because of farther left her mom for a guy.

Thatā€™sā€¦ Not greatā€¦ Likeā€¦ Especially if you want to portray the character as someone we should relate to. Like I donā€™t really appreciate bigotry being used to show that someoneā€™s ā€œā€ā€œcomplicatedā€"" becauseā€¦ theyā€™re notā€¦ theyā€™re just a bigotā€¦

She is supposed to learn from her from her. Itā€™s about the charter development Iā€™m not a bigot I think weā€™re all special but I was trying to help people learn this is mean and eventually she will learn its not to be that way.

No, I get that itā€™s character development, but itā€™s problematic to use homophobia as a plot device.

Like if I said ā€œhereā€™s this character he abuses his wife but now he doesnā€™t because heā€™s a better person, like himā€, it doesnā€™t excuse the fact that he used to abuse his wife. I just really donā€™t think itā€™s appropriate to use prejudice like that as a crutch for actual character development, especially on an app that promotes diversity and LGBTQIA+ acceptance.

I was supposed to show the wrong in that not everyone likes the gays and we need to realize that people can change and learn from there mistakes and try and be better people you donā€™t have to like them or not