Hello everyone! I would need some advice!

I’m starting to write a story and I would need some advice. I wish my character was sitting, without speaking, but I can’t do it, because he tells me that he has to say something otherwise the action is not valid. How can I do that?

3 Likes

There are a few idle sitting animations, that don’t make the characters mouth move.

Which animation are you attempting to use?!

idle_sit_neutral_loop

This is the scene I would like to animate. Could you give me some advice? Maybe I have wrong animation. Thanks again and sorry for the disturbance.

Twilight hears the young lady say into the megaphone of the train: “We are arriving at Canterlot!” and gets up running in the corridor to get the suitcases from the niche next to the closed door.
She grabs the trolley suitcase, puts bags over her shoulder and holds the hand luggage tightly.
She stays a few minutes waiting for the train to stop, after which she sees the doors open and promptly jumps off the vehicle, landing comfortably.
She looks around: the station is very crowded and there are several screaming voices that blend into each other.
Twilight asks for some directions from the policemen who were in those parts and goes out of the station, to emerge in a street where peaceful traffic reigned.

Could it be you’re using this?

CHARACTER (idle_sit_neutral_loop)

If yes, then it requires dialogue.

If you don’t want to add in dialogue, do this instead:

@CHARACTER is idle_sit_neutral_loop

Of course change CHARACTER to your own character script name.

3 Likes

ok i will try, thanks a lot :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

ok, the command tells me it’s right. But the character does not appear in the preview. How come?

1 Like

Did you check the characters spot?

If you’re zoomed in, zoom out.

Use the Navigation > Spot Directing, and move your character around.

1 Like

I went to spot directing, but the character doesn’t appear, he isn’t there

1 Like

Can you show me your script?

1 Like

yes, just a second

1 Like

Take your time

1 Like

You need to spot direct your character.

Try this, before the animation:

@TWILIGHT SPARKLE stands screen center

Then use Navigation > Spot Directing

1 Like

Okay I’ll try now

1 Like

Ok done. I just have to put it right, then I do it with the Mac, because with the iPad I can’t

1 Like

If I need help, can I contact you or is it a nuisance? :purple_heart:

1 Like

Did it work?

Not at all, feel free to contact me! :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Yes, the character appeared sitting, but I have to fix the position, because she is sitting in thin air. Anyway, thank you very much :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Yep! Use Navigation > Spot Directing and move the character around!

No problem. :blob_hearts:

1 Like