Hello! New Writer- Review my Drama?

Hey guys! My name is Danny and I’m a new writer to Episode! I just made my first story available on the app, and I have a LOT of plans for it- I’m excited if you couldn’t tell. I only have the first three chapters out now, but I’m currently working on the fourth. If you’re looking for an intense user story to read, check mine out and leave any helpful tips, criticisms, or thoughts about my story. Or if you’d like to review it, I’d so appreciate it! Any tips or comments will help! :blush:

Title of Story: Family Values by: Danny

Genre: Drama
Description: “Secrets. Betrayal. Tragedy. The Baldwin family was tight knit- but all it takes is one stray thread to unravel it all.” A family as close as ever- with secrets no one could imagine. When things begin to slowly unravel before them, will your bond with them still be as strong? Or will you break under all the pressure?

NOTE: I wrote this story from the perspective of the oldest daughter, Samantha. I noticed there aren’t currently a lot of stories on Episode featuring a black family, or a family of color, and I wanted to change that. I also wanted to create a story that had a lot of unexpected twists- as I love to read those kinds of stories myself!
large%20cover%202

thank you so much! means a lot :blush:

1 Like

I read the first two chapters of your story and I really like it so far! I can’t believe this is your first story, because the directing is super smooth and there were literally no errors. I was really impressed. I really love the family dynamic between the main characters, and I love that this is a story focused on family relationships, because you don’t see a lot of those. Also, I thought you did a really good job of incorporating all the necessary exposition into the first couple chapters, without it feeling too exposition-y, if you know what I mean. If I had any comments, they would be that 1. I would try to include a choice or two in the first chapter, even if it’s not that significant (like how to respond to your brother’s teasing or how to react to your friend complimenting you), because I know people sometimes get turned off by " I promise there will be more xxx later" type messages, and 2. The cover and description are very interesting/intriguing and tease an intense story, but the first two chapters are really just high school drama. I know you don’t want to reveal any plot twists or anything right off the back, but it might be good to throw in a hint of what’s to come (like a shot of someone vaguely talking about a secret or doing something sketchy but we don’t know what, i don’t know your plans so I can’t say exactly what would work), because a good description will only take a reader so far. Overall, awesome story, great directing, and I can’t wait to read more!

1 Like

Thanks so much for the review! I’ll definitely take note of your advice (I was thinking the same thing regarding adding more drama in the beginning because I do plan on picking up the pace rather quickly, but I think I will edit the first chapter a little more keeping your suggestions in mind.

I really appreciate your thoughts, that’s so kind!! I spent a lot of time working through any directing errors, and I’m still learning, so that really warms my heart. Thank you!! :blush:

Hi Dani! And yes, I would love it if you reviewed my story and featured it on your instagram! I will also definitely read yours as well and leave some feedback when I get a chance. (I only have the first three chapters out of my story right now as I’m working on the fourth, so I will make sure to read at least the first three chapters of yours.)

Thanks so much! :wink:

1 Like

Will do!

1 Like

HI Danny, would you be interested in doing a read for read? I can provide screenshots proving that I’ve read the 3 chapters you have out :slight_smile:

Hi guys- sorry it’s been a little while. But to those of you who’ve read my story, I just did some major updates (mostly in the first chapter) so if you would like you’re free to check that out!

And to the rest of you who wanna do a read4read, I’ll start working on those now! Sorry for the delay.

reading yours now!

1 Like

yes, I’d love to!

sure! let me know when you’ve read the first three chapters of my story and screenshot it to me, and I’ll be happy to read yours! :blush:

send me the screenshots (I updated chapter 1 btw) and your story info and i’ll be happy to read and review it.

Closing due to one month of inactivity :slight_smile: