HELP - Coding Outfit Game

I need help coding my outfit game. I’m already using this template and guide but - I can’t seem to figure out why my code isn’t working.

I want to have multiple of these games in a chapter and it always goes back to the very first game that was correctly coded.

My original code looks like this;

# SIDE ARROWS DRESSING GAME 1 - 3 OUTFITS {

@YOU stands screen center and YOU faces right and YOU starts idle

&ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT create and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT opacity 1 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT scales to 0.325 0.325 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT shifts to 215 340 in zone 1 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT to layer 5
&ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT create and ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT opacity 1 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT scales to 0.325 0.325 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT shifts to 215 265 in zone 1 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT to layer 5
&ui HEART_CHECK_TAP create and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP opacity 0 in 0 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP scales to 0.325 0.325 in 0 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP shifts to 215 170 in zone 1 in 0 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP to layer 5
        NARRATOR
    Time to chose an outfit!

tappable
"ARROW_TAP_LEFT" {
&ui HEART_CHECK_TAP opacity 1 in 0.3
goto arrow_outfit_tap_3_x
} "ARROW_TAP_RIGHT" {
goto arrow_outfit_tap_1_x
}

label arrow_outfit_tap_1_x
@YOU =1
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME BELOW TO YOUR 1ST OUTFIT ###############
@YOU changes into YOU_01

tappable
"ARROW_TAP_LEFT" {
} "ARROW_TAP_RIGHT" {
goto arrow_outfit_tap_2_x
} "HEART_CHECK_TAP" {
goto arrow_outfit_check_x
}

label arrow_outfit_tap_2_x
@YOU =2
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 2ND OUTFIT ###############
@YOU changes into YOU_02

tappable
"ARROW_TAP_LEFT" {
} "ARROW_TAP_RIGHT" {
} "HEART_CHECK_TAP" {
}

label arrow_outfit_tap_3_x
@YOU =3
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 3RD OUTFIT ###############
@YOU changes into YOU_03

tappable
"ARROW_TAP_LEFT" {
} "ARROW_TAP_RIGHT" {
} "HEART_CHECK_TAP" {
}

label arrow_outfit_check_x
&ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP opacity 0 in 0.1
@YOU is primp_neutral
        NARRATOR
    Are you sure you want to wear this outfit?
choice
<PREMIUM> "Yes!" {
readerMessage Follow @dara.amarie.ep on Instagram! with messageTitle Arrows Dressing Game Template Credit
@YOU is kiss_blow_happy_atcamera
} "No, let me try a different outfit." {
&YOU starts idle
&ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT opacity 1 in 0.3 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT opacity 1 in 0.3 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP opacity 1 in 0.3
if (YOU =1) {
} elif (YOU =2) {
} else {
}
}

# SIDE ARROWS DRESSING GAME - 3 OUTFITS }

And the one that is switching back to the first outfits (above) looks like this;

# SIDE ARROWS DRESSING GAME 2 - 3 OUTFITS {

@YOU stands screen center and YOU faces right and YOU starts idle

&ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT create and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT opacity 1 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT scales to 0.325 0.325 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT shifts to 215 340 in zone 1 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT to layer 5
&ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT create and ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT opacity 1 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT scales to 0.325 0.325 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT shifts to 215 265 in zone 1 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT to layer 5
&ui HEART_CHECK_TAP create and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP opacity 0 in 0 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP scales to 0.325 0.325 in 0 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP shifts to 215 170 in zone 1 in 0 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP to layer 5
        NARRATOR
    Time to chose an outfit!

tappable
"ARROW_TAP_LEFT" {
} "ARROW_TAP_RIGHT" {
}

label arrow_outfit_tap_1_x
@LOUISE =1
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME BELOW TO YOUR 1ST OUTFIT ###############
@YOU changes into YOU_swim1

tappable
"ARROW_TAP_LEFT" {
} "ARROW_TAP_RIGHT" {
} "HEART_CHECK_TAP" {
}

label arrow_outfit_tap_2_x
@LOUISE =2
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 2ND OUTFIT ###############
@YOU changes into YOU_swim2

tappable
"ARROW_TAP_LEFT" {
} "ARROW_TAP_RIGHT" {
} "HEART_CHECK_TAP" {
}

label arrow_outfit_tap_3_x
@LOUISE =3
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 3RD OUTFIT ###############
@YOU changes into YOU_swim3

tappable
"ARROW_TAP_LEFT" {
} "ARROW_TAP_RIGHT" {
} "HEART_CHECK_TAP" {
}

label arrow_outfit_check_x
&ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP opacity 0 in 0.1
@YOU is primp_neutral
        NARRATOR
    Are you sure you want to wear this outfit?
choice
<PREMIUM> "Yes!" {
readerMessage Follow @dara.amarie.ep on Instagram! with messageTitle Arrows Dressing Game Template Credit
@YOU is kiss_blow_happy_atcamera
} "No, let me try a different outfit." {
&YOU starts idle
&ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT opacity 1 in 0.3 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT opacity 1 in 0.3 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP opacity 1 in 0.3
if (YOU =1) {
} elif (YOU =2) {
} else {
}
}

# SIDE ARROWS DRESSING GAME - 3 OUTFITS }

Help is appreciated!

So are you using two dressing games? The one at the start and the one here?

Are they the same? As in, you didn’t change the label numbers and etc? Because if you used the exact same game as the first one and you’re doing your second one, without changing labels, it will go back up to the first one. (It does the same for CC templates, that’s why dara kindly offers 6 of them)

I had to learn the hard way, then I never used dressing games ever again lol

Well the first one is # SIDE ARROWS DRESSING GAME 1 - 3 OUTFITS and then the second one is # SIDE ARROWS DRESSING GAME 2 - 3 OUTFITS

By labels do you mean the buttons for the dressing game because if so, I would have to change all the overlays again and reupload them…the tutorial only said to change the point name so in the first one I had @YOU =1 @YOU =2 @YOU=3 and for the second I did @LOUISE =1 @LOUSIE=2 @LOUISE =3

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong but shouldn’t all YOU’s be replaced by ‘LOUISE’ in your second dressing game? Why have you only replaced some with LOUISE?

I’m guessing YOU and LOUISE are two different people? In LOUISE’s dressing game it has YOU so that may be why it’s switching back?

1 Like

I want the YOU character for all dressing games but the only way for me to do that is to change the point system because it interferes with the first one. In the tutorial it says

This dressing game uses the points system to remember which outfit was chosen. If you already use points for your character, then you will need to change the "point character" to a different character so their points won't get messed up.

And I never will use LOUISE for any dressing games and I just used her instead of making another random character for the points system.

1 Like

Okay, I understand now! By labels I meant these(screenshots), and it looks like the first labels for the dressing game and second are the same, so that may be the issue why your second dressing game keeps referring back to the first one. You don’t need to change any overlay names, just label.

The points are just to remember what outfit the person chose and that’s fine, it’s just the label that keeps going back to the top

I’m pretty sure that’s why the _x is there at the end too so you can add an extra number and the labels become different

1 Like

Thank you, this worked!

1 Like